Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

3 minutes ago, Keslerific said:

Ottawa stealing my draft strategy

My picks:

Tim Stutzle 3 -> 3

Jake Sanderson 11 -> 5

I had Sanderson as #5 on my list and overpaid to guarantee a trade for the 11th pick to take him. Nice to see Ottawa values him highly as well

Loved them using Trebek to announce #3.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Real happy to see Seth Jarvis go 13th overall after I picked him up at 17th in the FL draft!

I am higher on Wyatt Kaiser than the moment i picked him at 100th after acquiring a pick to do so. That bodes well, but we will see tomorrow.

Topi Niemela is the guy I really want to see where he ends up picked but more importantly which club takes him tomorrow. He already has 3 points in 3 games in the SM-sarja, it is the under 20 version of the SM-Liiga, and it appears he will be playing in the Liiga from now on as he as called up apparently.

neaterskeeter

Exciting and excellent reprieve from teh Trump show on CNN..sigh.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 1

Pro-Hockey-Life-New-Jersey-Devils-Banner

New Jersey's NHL/CDCFL ROUND 1 DRAFT RESULTS: (1-31)

11) Nashville Predators   YAROSLAV  ASKAROV - ST. PETERSBURG (VHL)   [Drafted by  small.png  Rush17 - 9th OA]  -2
28) Ottawa Senators  RIDLY  GREIG - BRANDON (WHL)  [Drafted by   small.png  Rush17  - 38th OA]   +10
31) San Jose Sharks  OZZY  WIESBLATT - PRINCE ALBERT (WHL)  [Drafted by   small.png  Rush17   - 39th OA]   +8

Very happy with Day 1 of the FL Draft. All of our selectees went to programs we feel will be strong when we are ready to compete. Very thrilled to get Ridly and Ozzy late in the 1st. We know draft position does not dictate NHL success but it is encouraging seeing guys we felt were First Round talent get taken in the first round. We had Greig rated as the 26th best skater in the draft and Ozzy the 29th! Askarov landing in Nashville is a blessing knowing he will go to a good defensive system. Fingers crossed their can sort out their forward issues before he comes in 2-3 years. 

Thanks to @Nail again for hosting the FL draft last week! We look forward to Day 2 where we hope to see  Jacob Dion and  Artur Akhtyamov get the opportunity to dawn NHL jerseys! 

Cheers all! 
  • Cheers 4

Puljujarvi is a bum! Trading him for Holtby was the best move I made in this league!

The other part of that deal wasn't too sexy in hindsight, although I'm glad Colorado doesn't have Vasilievskiy anymore ;)

Speaking of that Holtby trade, there are some all time Boose classics in this league

Drafting Michael Dal Colle 5th overall

Trading Hampus Lindholm straight up for Kyle Clifford

And the aforementioned Puljujarvi, Vasilievskiy for Holtby

Anyone remember any other Boose stinkers or want to offer up a few of their own?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Speaking of that Holtby trade, there are some all time Boose classics in this league

Drafting Michael Dal Colle 5th overall

Trading Hampus Lindholm straight up for Kyle Clifford

And the aforementioned Puljujarvi, Vasilievskiy for Holtby

Anyone remember any other Boose stinkers or want to offer up a few of their own?

Ooh I remember another one

I miscounted my protected slots because I got drunk at the trade deadline and traded Pavel Buchnevich for Milan Lucic, thus leaving William Karlsson unprotected at the expansion draft. 

• Haha 2

Jake Allen brought in Jan 7th 2019: 17 or 18 wins TOTAL since then; cost me Van 2nd 2019, Van 5th 2020, Joe Veleno, Alex Lyon, Corey Crawford

shipped him out for Ryan McDonagh, Teemu Kivehalme and Gavin Bayreuther Sept 15th 2020.

I guess that one sticks in the craw a little as I had intended Allen to be the man of the future in a 1a 1b with equally overpriced cap hit David Rittich.

edit; can't really let it bother me though, covid messed up everyones plans. flat cap is a horrible situation when your tight to it waiting for releif next year. 

nice to see I have about 4m clearing up next summer from buyout and retained salary going off the books, sweet. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

small.png 2020 Draft Recap

6th overall: 1.png Lucas Raymond > 4th overall Detroit.png.928629de866dbe47b02dcca6aa59f65f.png 

7th overall: 1.png Alexander Holtz > 7th overall small.png 

10th overall: 2.png Anton Lundell > 12th overall small.png

18th overall: 9.png Rodion Amirov > 15th overall small.png 

34th overall: 9.png Marat Khusnutdinov > 37th overall small.png

65th overall: 1.png Anton Johannesson > 133rd overall small.png 

70th overall: 9.png Daniil Gushchin > 76th overall small.png 

90th overall: 6.png Brock Faber > 45th overall small.png 

114th overall: 3.png Ryan Francis > 143rd overall small.png

132nd overall: 8.png Lukas Parik > 2019 87th overall small.png 

147th overall: 3.png Ethan Edwards > 120th overall small.png 

• Cheers 2