The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jordan Subban signs with Dornbirner EC (Austria)

6 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Lol. Ya I laughed when PK said this . 

I think PK said he was smarter - which would be hard to argue with.

Mighta said he was more talented/gifted as well, but the smarter thing was 'on point.'

Edited by oldnews

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Because we signed Beagle for his offense?

The only thing he beat him at was faceoffs and even then, Dowd was 51.9%. 

Dowd was fantastic defensively last season. An absolute steal by Washington. 

Beagle was good defensively but is so much more expensive. Benning underestimated Dowd, anyone who denies that is too stubborn to see reality. 

Edited by Per Her Son
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Per Her Son said:

Well then it was good that Benning evaluated NHL talent for a nobody in Jordan Subban then and made that trade. Dowd being a good deal doesn't mean Beagle was a bad deal for us. Different situations and scenarios. Good for him finding his legs there.

5 hours ago, Per Her Son said:

Beagle was good defensively but is so much more expensive. Benning underestimated Dowd, anyone who denies that is too stubborn to see reality. 

A whopping 3 points in 40 games for us

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Well then it was good that Benning evaluated NHL talent for a nobody in Jordan Subban then and made that trade. Dowd being a good deal doesn't mean Beagle was a bad deal for us. Different situations and scenarios. Good for him finding his legs there.

I suggest that Beagle’s leadership was another factor.

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I suggest that Beagle’s leadership was another factor.

Maybe the Canucks should have Tony Robbins on the payroll?:P

Seriously though, a better example of signing a "veteran leader" (IMHO) would be Benn.  Cheaper & shorter term contract (with no "NTC').  Plus (again, IMHO), we need more of that on the blueline as Tanev & Edler aren't going to be there forever.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

On 9/10/2019 at 2:02 AM, Winter Soldier said:

Canucks fans and overhype, like peanut butter and jelly.

Well it's hard not to get excited when PK Subban said Jordan was the most skilled of the brothers.

Also his Utica numbers were really good. A 0.5 ppg d-man plus an all star there was a log of potential there.

I think the lack of chances Jordan had in the Canucks organization probably probably hurt his development actually

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Well it's hard not to get excited when PK Subban said Jordan was the most skilled of the brothers.

Also his Utica numbers were really good. A 0.5 ppg d-man plus an all star there was a log of potential there.

I think the lack of chances Jordan had in the Canucks organization probably probably hurt his development actually

I think the fact that he couldn't defend if his life depended on it hurt his development. He wouldn't even make it as a forward without some defensive play let alone an actual dman. He would have to put up far greater numbers than 0.5 PPG to make up for this deficiency.

He's been with several clubs afterwards and no one could unlock whatever potential he had. PK was simply trying to sell him to help him get into the NHL. What else could he have said? "Yeah he's not as good as me, probably the least likely to make the NHL." If it had been anyone else that said Jordan is better/more skilled than PK, there might've been more clout to it.