The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Nucks @ Flames / Flames @ Nucks

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, hlinkas wrister said:

That Calgary feed had to be one of the most painful game experiences I have ever endured. Thanks for making it somewhat worth it Jake

I've heard better amateur radio broadcasts of minor league games -- somehow they managed to combinine useless and biased at the same time. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Miller has a slick pair of hands and a sharp mind for the game - I love watching him play.  Really liked the Rafferty/Teves, pairing as well - two very calm, smart defenders with offensive upsides. Utica will be a treat to watch this year - Canuck property will form most of the defence - Rafferty, Teves, Brisebois, Sautner, Eliot and Chatfield. Also likely that Gaudette, MacEwen, Lind, Gadjovich, Jasek, Boucher, Glaovac, Bailey, Perron will join them - it’ll be fun to watch.

Juolevi will be there too!

• Upvote 3

A delightful surprise to find an acquisition come in this time, like Miller and play as advertised. Only one pre-game but he looks like a smart player. Great to see Bo rewarded with some real talent to play with.

I thought Teves looked good, even before his goal. Good signing by JB on the one year entry for him. We can always use more scoring defense.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Free-Unit said:

Can someone please explain this hockey thing everyone is talking about?

1 minute ago, 70seven said:

Juolevi will be there too!

You’re  right, knew I missed someone, and Woo and Rathbone next year. And by the way end of the year Tryamkin might push someone else down, jeez!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Miller has a slick pair of hands and a sharp mind for the game - I love watching him play.  Really liked the Rafferty/Teves, pairing as well - two very calm, smart defenders with offensive upsides. Utica will be a treat to watch this year - Canuck property will form most of the defence - Rafferty, Teves, Brisebois, Sautner, Eliot and Chatfield. Also likely that Gaudette, MacEwen, Lind, Gadjovich, Jasek, Boucher, Glaovac, Bailey, Perron will join them - it’ll be fun to watch.

Don't forget Juolevi.  And of course Eriksson and Schaller...  ^_^

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Zane McIntyre's experience is gonna help in bringing DiPietro along while providing top end AHL calibre goaltending, he was fantastic tonight.

Way to go JB!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Rafferty was up & down. Dunno if he's just limited, or its rust/inexperience (as far as puck skills), but so far he's been best when he plays simple.

Maybe there's more upside, or maybe not, but either way this kid has atleast bottom pair NHL potential & will be a call-up this year. 

I thought Breezer looked like an NHL player for most of the night.  I'm not sure he'd make it through waivers.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Goldie perhaps? If he doesn't fit with Bo and Miller will he really be on Sutter's wing? Or do they move Sutter and stuck Goldie with Gaudette?

Rafferty or Teves might actually be good enough to earn a #7 slot on our D. To soon to say but I am Impressed after this one 

I figure Goldie is gonna get the rope with which to hang himself, Goldie and Petey with Ferland; if Miller is with Bo and Boeser since I think that line would be lights out too. Spreads the scoring nicely and has dangerous weapons on each line; it would be completely up to goldie if he wants to truly be an NHLer or not with no excuses about lines, icetime or other. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1