The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Nucks @ Flames / Flames @ Nucks

Rate this topic

xereau

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

And against a stacked Calgary roster. 

Did he get hit big at some point? Like dirty into the glass or just blown up somewhere?

He *always* plays better when someone 'hits him into the game'. Bertuzzi was the same way, he'd be asleep, disinterested. Then someone would hit him and he'd wake up and take the game over in a big "f-you" fashion.

I wonder if there's an element of that in Virtanen... like he *has* to be physically engaged before the rest of it comes together at all.

Also Bertuzzi was 'fat' as far as playing went. Didn't stop him from being a total force.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

70124732_501194800675561_7824395785755164672_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQm-P1TdlwEO4jiYhU_hE0xyNrnNOV171RlpwgA_MXzalKWXujEvRHzT9s_fRQPsrAk&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh2-1.fna&oh=8c4a58bc19c8b53fcd777904df6ec442&oe=5E07D233

Bo leading us in the salute.

He is the captain that I choose to lead this team through the tears of defeat but also in the eventual triumphs of victory. Oh captain my captain.  We stand behind you Bo

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Bo gon be announced captain at the start of the season book it.

Careful with the "gross and disgusting"; you gon' trigger someone...

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Definitely see why we targeted Miller. Can do alot of things for ya. 

We will win with guys like JT and Pearson in regular season and playoffs.  Big gritty and skilled.

I have followed JT a lot over past two years (versatile guy in my pool).  Was happy Benning traded for him.  I believe in the end he'll be worth the first rounder we sent to TB.  Though it hasn't been confirmed, I am sure there were at least two other teams interested in trading for him.  That's why the price was a little high considering TB position of weakness.  Watch, this guy will help us win a Stanley Cup! 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

That'll probably be a "home for Baertshi" or "Pearson" or "someone like that" -like trades. Guys who can't be on the 4th, but ... didn't make the cut for the top 3 lines either.

Maybe Loui found a partner by scoring a pretty goal.

Just now, brownky said:

That'll probably be a "home for Baertshi" or "Pearson" or "someone like that" -like trades. Guys who can't be on the 4th, but ... didn't make the cut for the top 3 lines either.

Maybe Loui found a partner by scoring a pretty goal.

Goldie perhaps? If he doesn't fit with Bo and Miller will he really be on Sutter's wing? Or do they move Sutter and stuck Goldie with Gaudette?

Rafferty or Teves might actually be good enough to earn a #7 slot on our D. To soon to say but I am Impressed after this one 

I caught the game in Calgary online but it wasn't the feed I wanted to watch, obviously the home braodcast in Victoria I would switch over to.

But in that Calgary feed as the Flems were up 2- 0 the broadcasters boasted about how the Canucks were unable to keep up to Calgary's speed and then inceredibly tells the lame Calgary sheep audience that Lucic has improved his skating,much better than last year and fits in nicely with the overall team speed.

Turned it off!       491416789_black.png1.pdncanu-003.pdnvv.jpg.9f4e533fd73af95368220f61279be8e5.jpg

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Millers been making hard clean passes since the first period ... this guy is definitely a playmaker...looks like we have two Horvats out there 

Miller has a slick pair of hands and a sharp mind for the game - I love watching him play.  Really liked the Rafferty/Teves, pairing as well - two very calm, smart defenders with offensive upsides. Utica will be a treat to watch this year - Canuck property will form most of the defence - Rafferty, Teves, Brisebois, Sautner, Eliot and Chatfield. Also likely that Gaudette, MacEwen, Lind, Gadjovich, Jasek, Boucher, Glaovac, Bailey, Perron will join them - it’ll be fun to watch.

• Upvote 4