The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Kings - Sep 21st 2019 - 6PM from Salt Lake City Utah

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Put Demko in net and this is 5-2 Canucks. Time for some real cuts guys. Let both clubs start forming their lines and building chemistry before the season starts. 

This was game 5 of 8 preseason games.  There will be more cuts, then another game with a line up like tonight followed by more cuts and 2 final games with close to the final line up.  At least that's the way I would do it B)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 1-d said:

The only good thing about the horn going off is that I can finally shut off the two LA idiots calling the game.

Look forward to the Monday's game against OTT!

Going to the game. It’s in Abbotsford. Looking forward to an hour shorter drive to watch the game. Should be pretty cool. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I wonder where this leaves Gaudette. You don't want him playing a limited role but he's showing (again) that he can play in this league.

I imagine he gets sent down still, but I wonder how good his case will be if he continues to produce. 

If he does get sent down it won't be too long before he gets the call up. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, warrchief said:

You got me but I think we need another offensive minded forward rather than having two shutdown lines.

Agree completely.  The Canucks have too much talent now not to do this.  However, this doesn't mean that they don't go with Pettersson-Horvat-Sutter-Beagle down the middle.

Incidentally, I think that playing Horvat and Pettersson in the same game will make both better.

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Upvote 1

Well, that's probably a good game for the helping the team make decisions on who stays up. At least we got to see a whole bunch of offense, kept things interesting. Makes me happy we have Markstrom and Demko for our NHL goaltending duo.

Also, wtf was the commentator going on about after Gaudette's first goal, saying he's from a "sketchy university". That's definitely what he said, I went back a couple times to make sure that was legit. Was a weird thing to hear, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

Gaudette making it hard to cut him. Tossing out the idea, I think we'd have to cut like 4 waiver eligible guys to keep him around.

Baertschi - Horvat - Miller

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Sutter - Gaudette

Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

2 of:

(Schaller, Goldobin, Leivo, Eriksson)

Maybe get some value in a trade for someone.

Just now, ForestFalcon said:

Well, that's probably a good game for the helping the team make decisions on who stays up. At least we got to see a whole bunch of offense, kept things interesting. Makes me happy we have Markstrom and Demko for our NHL goaltending duo.

Also, wtf was the commentator going on about after Gaudette's first goal, saying he's from a "sketchy university". That's definitely what he said, I went back a couple times to make sure that was legit. Was a weird thing to hear, that's for sure.

I assumed Utahs University doesn't like Gauds Alma Mater. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I wonder where this leaves Gaudette. You don't want him playing a limited role but he's showing (again) that he can play in this league.

I imagine he gets sent down still, but I wonder how good his case will be if he continues to produce. 

Gaudette will be the last player cut.  His last 2 games have been good