The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Kings - Sep 21st 2019 - 6PM from Salt Lake City Utah

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, TheInsideScoop said:

Sutter, Virtanen not looking like they are engaged 

I thought Sutter just kinda had a regular Sutter game. Made a nice drop pass to Virt, killed penalties, took draws, tried to get shots on net, exc. Just doing what he does.

Didn't notice Virtanen though. A good start in Calgary but again he's not noticable. Gaudette has been better than him so far. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Kings - Sep 21st 2019 - 6PM from Salt Lake City Utah
1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

His broadcast partner went to the same school as Gaudette so it was a tongue in cheek shot at him. 

Hmm, ok, I guess I could let it pass then, I naturally never see their coverage so I'd never pick up on that sort of thing especially since it didn't seem like the other guy reacted to it. To an outsider, definitely came across a bit weird.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, warrchief said:

You got me but I think we need another offensive minded forward rather than having two shutdown lines.

I'm not opposed to offense, but I like the idea of having Beagle and Sutter to balance out our young, offensive pieces. Gaudette's an exciting piece but I still think he will, and should, end up in Utica to work on his game as a top minute muncher. The fact that we've got enough forward depth that a piece like Gaudette might not fit is exciting, it's been ages since we've had that.

The key piece being that he doesn't require waivers this season. He will next season. He'll also get looks when we're inevitably hit by injuries. They're the Canucks, injuries aren't a matter of it but when. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I have said it before.

Sutter is not a center. He is a winger who can take face offs . He dosen't create offense.

Jake is a one dimensional winger with speed and a good shot. He needs to have a real center. 

I agree that Sutter should be a winger cause he has a good shot and can occasionally help with draws. However, with Virtanen I don't think an elite center like Mcdavid can make Virtanen play well. Just look at the year during the WJC where he and Mcdavid was placed on the line. Completely useless.

• Upvote 1