The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Auston Matthews being investigated for disorderly conduct in Scottsdale

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah so when they were trying to get into her car I didn't read anything saying she tried calling the police, instead decided to confront them herself, so she must of not been that worried....

She recognized AM as a person who lives in the building, and at that point knew it was young men being stupid.  That’s why she got out.  It was to let them know how much they scared her, and that it wasn’t funny.  That’s when he dropped his pants telling her he didn’t care about her feelings.  

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

If you're actually that worried you don't unlock your vehicle and get out of your vehicle and confront them then lol

If someone's trying to get in you may try to get out the other side.  100% could be the chance to escape.

OR, she realized it was the asshats from the building then wasn't scared and was more pissed...but I'd imagine that until she really knew what was going on, she had a moment of terror.

How do you know what you do if someone is trying to get into your car in the wee hours?  Reactions are quite different when they're in real time and based in fear.  In a condo complex, you have a chance to run for help.  If it's carjacking and you stay in the car?  You're hooped.

23 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It does when using the word moon. But I get what you mean by just his actions in general and yes what he's implying, but if you're not actually seeing any full nudity from it, are you really that offended... Really...

I am not sure I understand it either. Some here seem to think she was further victimized by seeing AM's boxers. Just a few days ago Twitter was in uproar because Bill Belichick stared at a female reporter, even there I could see this same over the top moral indignation. I saw a whole bunch of people citing "toxic masculinity" and how Belichick should apologize for making the reporter feel uncomfortable. Now the PC reactionary crowd is going after people for looking the wrong way at a woman. Supposedly Bill's stare and body language amounted to "threatening" the reporter.

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does he change his behaviour because of the negative stuff happening to him now, or because he learns to empathize with women who are treated like he did to that guard?  

What it should do is make him make much smarter choices in the future when out with friends or partying, he needs to realize he can't be doing these stupid things anymore and if that means not interacting with those friends then so be it, this is his wake up call, but if he does something stupid again then people have a legitimate reason to have hate on him, look he made a stupid mistake and it's something people will remember for a while, this is a mistake and hopefully a learning experience.

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If someone's trying to get in you may try to get out the other side.  100% could be the chance to escape.

OR, she realized it was the asshats from the building then wasn't scared and was more pissed...but I'd imagine that until she really knew what was going on, she had a moment of terror.

How do you know what you do if someone is trying to get into your car in the wee hours?  Reactions are quite different when they're in real time and based in fear.  In a condo complex, you have a chance to run for help.  If it's carjacking and you stay in the car?  You're hooped.

If it's one person then I confront them, when it's a number of people and out numbered I turn the key over and drive :lol:

5 minutes ago, Toews said:

I am not sure I understand it either. Some here seem to think she was further victimized by seeing AM's boxers. Just a few days ago Twitter was in uproar because Bill Belichick stared at a female reporter, even there I could see this same over the top moral indignation. I saw a whole bunch of people citing "toxic masculinity" and how Belichick should apologize for making the reporter feel uncomfortable. Now the PC reactionary crowd is going after people for looking the wrong way at a woman. Supposedly Bill's stare and body language amounted to "threatening" the reporter.

Yeah social media is crazy :towel: they're losing grasp of what's really an issue anymore, they will jump on anything that's made attention and react in ways that are way over the top on some things now a days. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why will AM come out of this a better person?  The girl told him his trying to get into her car scared her a lot.  She told him she was a girl alone at 2 am and that his actions weren’t funny.  Then he dropped his pants and gestured for her to kiss off.  His gesture tells her he doesn’t care about her feelings.  It tells us he lacks empathy.  you Think he’s going to develop empathy for women after learning of his actions?

How do people learn?  It's from making mistakes.  That's how life works we aren't born perfect, we hopefully learn to be better people as time goes on.  People pretending that they have never done anything bad or have offended other people in there lives are simply lying to themselves and to others and they themselves need to learn a lesson.  I know I have done things in my life I'm not proud of nothing to bad fortunately but I'm not going to pretend that I'm perfect.  The mistakes I've made I have learnt from and hopefully wont repeat.  Did AM do something stupid?  Sure he did.  In the grand scheme of things was what he did horrible?  No.  Will he learn from this?  I would hope so.  If he does something like this again next week then we know he needs more guidance in his life.  

But really let's all be honest and look in the mirror and ask ourselves are you proud of everything you've done in life?  If the answer is no,  then cut the kid some slack.  I'm pretty certain he will learn from this as most do and be a better person because of it.  That doesn't change what he did or the consequences he will face,  but people acting like they are perfect and that some 22 year old that made a drunken mistake should face never ending punishment and is a lost soul are being just as silly as he was.   

• Cheers 2

It seems only right TO go after some form of monetary compensation from a guy whose initials are:  ATM.

Cha-ching.

I hate that path to righting wrongs, but it seems this guy likely just opened up his wallet.  For a moment or two of idiocy.

4 minutes ago, thrago said:

and that some 22 year old that made a drunken mistake should face never ending punishment and is a lost soul are being just as silly as he was.   

Uh, you're making this something it's not.   People do that - they embellish things to play in their favour. 

No one's suggesting "never ending punishment".  "Punishment".

We're not being "as silly as he was".  Not even remotely.  We're discussing things in a civilized manner with our pants up.  Hopefully.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Uh, you're making this something it's not.   People do that - they embellish things to play in their favour. 

No one's suggesting "never ending punishment".  "Punishment".

We're not being "as silly as he was".  Not even remotely.  We're discussing things in a civilized manner with our pants up.  Hopefully.

He is facing far harsher punishment then any of us (I assume) have ever faced for something like this.  His name is all over media.  Do any of you think he is enjoying this?

1 minute ago, thrago said:

He is facing far harsher punishment then any of us (I assume) have ever faced for something like this.  His name is all over media.  Do any of you think he is enjoying this?

1.  He brought that on himself.

2.  I don't care if he's enjoying it or not.

It's almost as if having a career that makes you a public figure means there's more scrutiny on you when you do something stupid. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

1.  He brought that on himself.

2.  I don't care if he's enjoying it or not.

Of course he did,  and neither do I.  my original point is in the end he will be a better person having learnt a lesson on what is expectable and not.   

Of course he did,  and neither do I.  my original point is in the end he will be a better person having learnt a lesson on what is expectable and not.   

Can I get the Lotto Max numbers too?

I confess, I need a lesson on what is expectable.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Are you married, Chuck?  Do you have a mother or a daughter?

If so, and they had to be out at 2 am in their car, doors locked...how would you feel if a group of drunk guys tried to get in to the car to see her reaction?  Then, as she confronts them about it when she sees they're just drunken fools, one jackass bends over to do that?   Youd laugh it off?  I have a feeling that most would be offended and likely even take it one step further.

I'm married with children, and if my wife was a security guard, I would expect that she would have to deal with this kind of thing on a regular basis.  

I have a feeling that my wife would be grounded enough to laugh it off after she realized what was going on.  She certainly wouldn't consider this kind of behaviour as criminal.

6 minutes ago, thrago said:

I guess I deserve public shaming too cause I made a spelling mistake?  I really hope the world can forgive me.

Look, you're stating like it's fact that "he'll be a better person".  Some people don't learn from their mistakes...they actually try to avoid dealing with them and then play them down and accept little responsibility.  They apologize because they got caught.

We don't know if he'll be better or not.  We certainly hope so.  

Lots of people get drunk and do silly things.  But if you're targeting someone to make them the brunt of your jokes, that's called bullying.  And it deserves public shaming.  Spelling mistakes likely don't...so I'm sorry.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

If you're actually that worried you don't unlock your vehicle and get out of your vehicle and confront them then lol

Its her job. 

She had to talk to them and tell them what they did was wrong.

She's a war veteran and at the time she was working on guard duty. .

If this lady can face the Taliban or ISIS she can face a cpl drunk trailer park trash goofs. 

She obviously would be startled. Im over 6'1ft 210lbs i can completly and comfortably  handle my self..but I too would be startled at first.  Every one would..except for Khabib Nurmagomedov He'd smash them. 

But once she got her witts about her she goes back to her training. 

She doesn't have the luxury of starting her car leaving and call security. 

She is the security..

And after being startled she refocuses and recognized him. She reminded him of his behaviour at which time he pulled his pants down squeezed his butt cheeks at her..

Context matters.  Who cares boxers on or off. Or even pants on. Just bending over squeezing his arse just shows what a piece of trailer park trash low value goof he is. He's classless. 

But we all have our own values system..

BTW

I cheer for the Leafs. I pretty much live in Toronto Edmonton and Vancouver going back and forth.

I cheer for all Canadian NHL teams. I often get accused of being a secret Leafs fan or Oilers fan on this forum.  Which I never deny because I do cheer for those teams.

And in Marner contract thread I was on here saying how good a player Matthews is... better than Marner...

But this behaviour is reduculous. It's low class trash and unbecoming a pro NHL payer. .

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Look, you're stating like it's fact that "he'll be a better person".  Some people don't learn from their mistakes...they actually try to avoid dealing with them and then play them down and accept little responsibility.  They apologize because they got caught.

We don't know if he'll be better or not.  We certainly hope so.  

Lots of people get drunk and do silly things.  But if you're targeting someone to make them the brunt of your jokes, that's called bullying.  And it deserves public shaming.  Spelling mistakes likely don't...so I'm sorry.  

No I didn't I said hopefully he will learn from this and that if he doesn't he obviously needs more guidance in life. Go back and reread what I said.