The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Really? Tanev's the best option for Hughes IMO.

Quinn can't jump up everytime. With Myers they both like to jump up, leading to odd man rushes with both getting caught. I like Tanev as a balance to Hughes. 

Edler then. Hughes is gonna razzle dazzle all day and some of his passes are going to Tanev who will lob a muffin towards the net every time. It's just wasteful. Make a shutdown pair with Tanev. That's his calling. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fecklund said:

wtf..... where is Gaudette coming from. The guy is suddenly making split second decisions ?
wow I hope that continues

He’s ready for the big show.  His skating has really improved.  He stays over Goldobin, Leivo, Schaller, Eriksson, Motte and Virtanen.  None of those guys are close to Gaudette at this point.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 minute ago, fecklund said:

wtf..... where is Gaudette coming from. The guy is suddenly making split second decisions ?
wow I hope that continues

Saw it at the end of last season. Always in the right spot, wide open.

Its no accident, his college coach said that it takes him a year to learn a system, and then he explodes.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Seriously, I'm gonna say it every game, but Hughes is just wasted with Tanev. Tanman is a figurative black hole offensively. They just kind of cancel each other out. 

Nah, I like them together. Hughes can focus more on offence and Tanev can focus on defence which he specializes in.

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

I agree but this isn't the NFL. Guys don't all earn their spots. Some guys make the team soley based on contract status.

Gagner says hi.  Eriksson's had 3 years worth of free passes.  This is the year he gets sent to a league more appropriate for his effort level.  You can't cut a guy busting his butt trying to make the team in favour of this lazy floater.  It sends a horrible message to the team.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Seriously, I'm gonna say it every game, but Hughes is just wasted with Tanev. Tanman is a figurative black hole offensively. They just kind of cancel each other out. 

Nah, I like them together. Hughes can focus more on offence and Tanev can focus on defence which he specializes in.