The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

Whether it’s a dirty play or not. The player getting hit also need to take accountable on where he is on the ice. Boeser put himself in a bad position where he turned his back away from the play and 8/10 times you’re going to get during that spot.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Well, Torts recently said this about how the players have changed ...

“Conversations on the ice amongst opponents on a faceoff, it’s like a big hugfest sometimes. I don’t know if they have so many meetings with this NHLPA and all that stuff that goes on but there’s no hate and I miss that. Frustrates the s–t out of me, quite honestly.”

Gotta love torts .... tells it like it is 

to the comments though, the cheap shots that are taking place are not consistent with what Torts is saying. I would say the lack of concern for player safety is at an all time high 

head shots, hits from behind .... not disappearing from the game it seems 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Well, Torts recently said this about how the players have changed ...

“Conversations on the ice amongst opponents on a faceoff, it’s like a big hugfest sometimes. I don’t know if they have so many meetings with this NHLPA and all that stuff that goes on but there’s no hate and I miss that. Frustrates the s–t out of me, quite honestly.”

He must have loved the Sedins:

"We don't hate anybody." - Hank Sedin.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Gotta love torts .... tells it like it is 

to the comments though, the cheap shots that are taking place are not consistent with what Torts is saying. I would say the lack of concern for player safety is at an all time high 

head shots, hits from behind .... not disappearing from the game it seems 

Imo, you're exactly right. People champion how fighting and old time hockey has been removed from the game (from the moral high ground) yet it's as prevalent as ever. 

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

And how has you done with your definition of his job? 

Yeah just as bad as his response to liberties taken on his players .... pathetic 

this will be his last year as the “coach”. JB built a real roster so it’s time for a real coach

I've been griping about TG since midway through last season. I don't like how he plays our guys and he never seems to change anything up besides the line combos. Hockey is like chess, you've got to identify the strategy of the opposition and  counter it with an effective strategy of your own. It seems to me Green only knows one strategy and sticks to it no matter what, believing that if they stick to it they'll win more games than they lose. That's not a good way to coach in today's NHL IMHO.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I've been griping about TG since midway through last season. I don't like how he plays our guys and he never seems to change anything up besides the line combos. Hockey is like chess, you've got to identify the strategy of the opposition and  counter it with an effective strategy of your own. It seems to me Green only knows one strategy and sticks to it no matter what, believing that if they stick to it they'll win more games than they lose. That's not a good way to coach in today's NHL IMHO.

I agree with you. A good coach needs to make in game adjustments to counter what the other team is throwing at them 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Probably the last shot for Schaller and Goldy.  Green will want to ice pretty much his starting lineup for the last game.

I dunno, Green was interviewed earlier and said he likes Schaeller and Beagle together a lot so far . We will see 

33 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Whether it’s a dirty play or not. The player getting hit also need to take accountable on where he is on the ice. Boeser put himself in a bad position where he turned his back away from the play and 8/10 times you’re going to get during that spot.

This, I actually strongly disagree with this statement, and actually surprised people are actually trying to excuse this hit with this kind of mindset on that play. When I watch a player skate with the puck into the zone and then turn their back to the play, then I will agree with your statement, but because Brock didn't do this I can't agree with what you're saying. 

The NHL has been trying to send the message to players that you should feel safe when trying to retrieve a puck at the boards with your back to the play, that's what Brock was doing retrieving a puck that was wrapped around the boards, he didn't have control of the puck already and then turn and put himself into a vulnerable position to be hit. Tierney also had plenty of time to not impede Brock and stop up instead of hitting him in the numbers in the first place which he didn't even try to do, instead he just continued on, how you can't seem to care that Tierney saw Brock's numbers for that amount of time and just continued on to hit him from behind shocks me a lot.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I saw the replay, he didn't even turn and was in stationary position for 3 to 4 good seconds.  Tierney should have been aware of this and back off and still illegal to hit from the behind.   Boeser has every right to control the puck and the puck was long gone and still hit him anyways.   Even if he wants to win the puck, he has to do the legal way which would be poke check.  Impossible to separate the puck from the man if you are hitting from the behind and expect to go away unscathed and would still get penalized.

• Cheers 4