The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Nothing better than scoring on the pp

I can think of a couple things better than a preseason PP goal. Regular season goals, the health of our players, winning games that matter, revenge, a cold beer with good friends, ect.  

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I can think of a couple things better than a preseason PP goal. Regular season goals, the health of our players, winning games that matter, revenge, a cold beer with good friends, ect.  

I'd bet my bottom dollar coaches would look at a red hot Canucks PP, even in pre-season and factor that into their coaching adjustment over a canucks team that tries to exact revenge for a hit.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Jake shouldn’t make this team if this keeps up. Buddy grab his jersey and punch him in the mouth no one cares if you score a goal when Boeser’s getting hit from behind. Pearson gets thrown, nothing. 

Myers hey buddy how about you stop skating like a hunchback and use your size buddy hit somebody. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

The things people complain about with jake are the same things people complained about with Bert, not sure that would be a good fit.

I wouldn't be upset about a jake trade, for his sake.......the team would regret it immediately, I'm sure.

I’ll take some 40 point seasons. Throw in a 80 and 90 point season here and there. Being a Bertuzzi would hardly be a bad thing for Jake. Even if he only amounts to average Bert (40 point version).

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I’ll take some 40 point seasons. Throw in a 80 and 90 point season here and there. Being a Bertuzzi would hardly be a bad thing for Jake. Even if he only amounts to average Bert (40 point version).

he's pretty much already there, and for a nice, cheap contract too.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

As a player and you get hit in the numbers from behind head first into the boards you are unable to protect yourself so,

I for one would like to see the refs and linesmen be a little more "aware" of what the hell is going on out there.that is part of their jobs.

Blindside hits are dirty and very dangerous and warrant major penalties and suspensions.If the same people continue to do these dirty things they can just sit for many games .

This way you don't have the Todd Bertuzzi &  Steve Moore scenario happen again.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Jake hasn’t come close to 40. Bert could go along way to helping Jake get to that next level.

fair point, but over 82 games he would have hit at least 30 points, playing bottom 6 mins with not great offensive linemates, with overwhelming d zone starts and no PP time.  

• Cheers 1