The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

40 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Whether it’s a dirty play or not. The player getting hit also need to take accountable on where he is on the ice. Boeser put himself in a bad position where he turned his back away from the play and 8/10 times you’re going to get during that spot.

I was gonna say the exact same thing. Boeser has to be a step quicker. make the play and protect yourself or it will end up bad. He’s not at the level where guys will bounce off of him trying hits like that. The twins made a career of taking hits along the boards and making the opponent pay with a quick give and go and rarely getting injured 

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Just like Justin? Apology makes it all better? You don’t think Tierny knew the risk? You think he has never played the game? 

in sports you do the crime, you pay the price

what do you want us to do next time EP gets a cheap shot? Wait for the forthcoming apology that will make it all better ? 

Wow! I didn’t think it could be done, but you follow up with an even more stupid post!! You’re missing the whole point. So, do you want people too keep doing stupid stuff, not taking responsibility & not apologizing?!  Honest to god!!! 

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

I think our players should climb over the glass and beat up some of our own fans. Really send a message.

Canucks win 5-3.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

Hell yeah. Lets get it done. Just like old time hockey. Dit clapper, toe blake, and the great taro tsujimoto. We would never be intimidated again on the ice. Off the ice, dear god!

2 hours ago, nzan said:

By already there, I wonder if @stawns meant more with regard to a timeline than past point totals. For example, it's well within the realm of reality that he could be close to a 40 point season this season. 

If that were the case and he could get re-signed onto another cheap-ish contract prior to breaking out into a new echelon like Bertuzzi-circa-24-26-years old (50-55 points)...I would be extremely happy with that.

add inflation onto Berts points, league scoring was pretty low when the WCE was lighting it up

21 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I saw the replay, he didn't even turn and was in stationary position for 3 to 4 good seconds.  Tierney should have been aware of this and back off and still illegal to hit from the behind.   Boeser has every right to control the puck and the puck was long gone and still hit him anyways.   Even if he wants to win the puck, he has to do the legal way which would be poke check.  Impossible to separate the puck from the man if you are hitting from the behind and expect to go away unscathed and would still get penalized.

I get people are upset because he’s one of our guys, but you have to see it as an unbiased perspective. Brock was literally waiting for the puck to reach his stick and turned his back. 

You can say it’s a bit of a late hit, but when you put yourself in that position, as a player, you should know you’re going to get hit. I wouldn’t even doubt that Brock possibly even saw Tierney coming his way. He kind of glance at his direction, when he was waiting for the puck.

6 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I get people are upset because he’s one of our guys, but you have to see it as an unbiased perspective. Brock was literally waiting for the puck to reach his stick and turned his back. 

You can say it’s a bit of a late hit, but when you put yourself in that position, as a player, you should know you’re going to get hit. I wouldn’t even doubt that Brock possibly even saw Tierney coming his way. He kind of glance at his direction, when he was waiting for the puck.

You don’t expect that when you’re on the PP.  

Lesson learned.

29 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Dude. That hit was not only Boarding but also Charging, along with the hit from behind. They were on the PK so it's literally impossible to not see that twerp skate all the way from almost the crease, to lay Boeser out.

Edited by fecklund
spellin
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I never understand why the play results injury even matters, or even who the players involved are. This stuff is f&%#ing dangerous.

Solution seems so simple: dangerous hit from behind into the boards, give out automatic 10 games. Second time 20 games. 3rd time out for the rest of the year. No matter who was hit, or who hit him. Clean slate following year.

Edited by Gassy Jack
Spelling
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That apology is a day late and a dollar short.

Green Interview....

That was a staged and planned question with a rehearsed answer. Their troubleshooting and they had to get this out of the way quickly.

The "hockey play" comment was damaging, it showed we had no backbone from the boss down. Benning did his part in the off season to bring in more size n muscle for times like these.....

Absolute crickets!

• Upvote 2