The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I actually, it sounds crazy, but I didn't mind a lot of our game. We only gave up 13 scoring chances, get 46 shots on net... Outshot the team 2-to-1 in the last two periods, and sometimes the game just goes that way." - Green

Translation ... hockey play.

Just kidding! ;)

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Who cares about the Preseason.

The preseason is for try hards...  you know those guys in coed junior high PE that fist pumped when they scored a goal / or stick handled around   some kid that had never played hockey before

Mention that to Gaudette that preseason is a nothing burger, or Chatfield and MacEwan.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I'm not sure what I like yet, but on paper I like it. I think they've both played pretty solid. Tanny's a real smart player. He's got great hockey sense and I think he's a guy that can read off a player like Quinn not just defensively, but offensively." - Green on Hughes-Tanev pairing

_20171014_110130.thumb.JPG.47f1e0834fd94a5b79ffa7fd00efc78a.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I'll say it again, he always puts an effort in. He's here to make the team and he's shown that. He's just gotta keep playing. He's played pretty well so far... he's giving everything he has. You want to see that kind of character. I've said it from day 1, I like Adam Gaudette." - Green on Gaudette

Green lost me the other day ( Boeser hockey play ) I now find myself uncomfortable with what he has to say.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I'm not sure what I like yet, but on paper I like it. I think they've both played pretty solid. Tanny's a real smart player. He's got great hockey sense and I think he's a guy that can read off a player like Quinn not just defensively, but offensively." - Green on Hughes-Tanev pairing

Those two can sure skate as well - and Tanev may not take many chances moving the puck, but his first pass is elite imo, and  most often Hughes will be the guy receiving it.  It's just too bad that pairing would be so lacking in heaviness (I suppose Green could reserve it for opportune circumstances?)

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

Green lost me the other day ( Boeser hockey play ) I now find myself uncomfortable with what he has to say.

Green walked that back and said that once he'd had a chance to look at it, does not like the hit (essentially said his initial comments were wrong).

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sutter isn't old, nor is he as bad as you continuously whine on about on here. 

You're wrong about him, undervalue him and just too stubborn to admit that while he's not going to light it up regularly offensively. He IS a good centre and very solid defensively. To say otherwise is flat out ignorant. 

I want to rebuild with young guns.  ... not old farts that do polident  endorsements

• Haha 2

The big difference I noticed was the response to when a player gets hit.  It seems what a Canuck gets hit it’s like pulling teeth to get a response and I think a lot of that has to do with Green neutering.  When McEwen put a nice hit down on a Senator it took less than 5 seconds for a response and McEwen had to answer the bell.  That’s the difference.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1