The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, Blömqvist said:

I agree. At least one of Goldy/Baer need to be in the Top 6 and by all accounts it should be Baertschi. The lack of skill is also why I think Goldobin is indispensable at the moment.

My forward lineup as it stands is:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Miller

Pearson - Sutter - Gaudette

Eriksson (Roussel) - Beagle - Leivo

Scratches: Goldobin, Motte

(LTIR: Roussel)

Roussel takes Eriksson's spot once he's recovered and back in the lineup. Waive Motte if needed.

A package of Tanev and Virtanen are traded for an upgrade on a Top-4 RHD.

I like it except id waive Eriksson instead of Motte when Roussel comes back. Motte might get picked up, obviously Eriksson will not. 

• Like 1

First time in two years I've seen Bo have a lousy game.  Ah well... better it happens in the pre-season.

Game was basically a function of having an AHL defense 3rd pair, Tanev/Hughes not having a great game and Demko being average.

Give it to Ottawa they did want it more.

Except for Baertschi and Gaudette not impressed with the Canucks 5 on 5... they need a lot of work in this area... not being creative enough or driving to the net enough.

Gaudette deserves a spot with the big club but he likely will be sent down because he doesn't have to go through waivers.

Team looks a little unfocused and uninterested... especially JV.  Sad to say but I don't think Jake will be anything but a third liner... he has all the physical skills to be on the top line, but he just doesn't seem to care or is afraid of taking charge.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

I agree. At least one of Goldy/Baer need to be in the Top 6 and by all accounts it should be Baertschi. The lack of skill is also why I think Goldobin is indispensable at the moment.

My forward lineup as it stands is:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Miller

Pearson - Sutter - Gaudette

Eriksson (Roussel) - Beagle - Leivo

Scratches: Goldobin, Motte

(LTIR: Roussel)

Roussel takes Eriksson's spot once he's recovered and back in the lineup. Waive Motte if needed.

A package of Tanev and Virtanen are traded for an upgrade on a Top-4 RHD.

Tanev plus Jake for Risto? 

• Like 1

Listen folks - the takeaway from this game is Demko had a bad game and Anderson had a great one.   We outshot them 2–1, and didn’t give them a lot of quality scoring chances.   And AG continues to make JV look foolish for lack of effort and show how you need to play to earn a spot on any team.   OTT is going to be the worse team in the league again this year - there is little doubt about that - until they can get some veteran support for their young kids to insulate them it’s a full on tank mode over there - this could be the only game they win for a month ha ha so might as well be us in the pre-season.  Big Zach also showed he’s a good call up (have to be careful with him and waivers though) and could have a future spot full time spot on the team in a couple years when contracts are up - 

Like Green said - the stat line should show a different outcome - rather Demko have blow out now then his first real game of the season might as well get that out of his system.  

Im not expecting our usual jump out of the gate start - teams won’t be as eager to play their back-ups against us (thankfully both EDM and CAL have started issues ha ha) and despite our barrage of scoring this preseason much of that was against second and third string goalies.   And I think the team needs a little more time to settle in with all the new bodies and create chemistry. We’ve seen that Miller is going to be like adding another Horavt to the team which is awesome - and our defense is definitely better then it was last year...

Once the puck drops and until December - there will likely be a period of line changes and settling in - even then I’m sure we will be above .500, but for once I’m not expecting a long losing streak due to injuries.   If anything this preseason has shown it won’t matter as much anymore.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Listen folks - the takeaway from this game is Demko had a bad game and Anderson had a great one.  

Demko was OK. If Chatfiled doesn't cough up the puck and it goes magically off Breezy's skate as a perfect pass its maybe a more competitive outcome. 

I hate streaming now...I can't watch any hockey and it's so frustrating :(

But....were average in the pre-season?  Middle of the pack?

how terrible...

I remember when the Oilers and Toronto dominated their preseasons a few years back.  Oilers won the draft lottery, then Toronto did.

It's like panicking over a game of shinny.  You don't

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

how terrible...

I remember when the Oilers and Toronto dominated their preseasons a few years back.  Oilers won the draft lottery, then Toronto did.

But that's what our fans want isn't it? An endless stream of high end draft picks without ever competing?

Once they start to develop, we trade them away for another pick that could potentially be even better!

Am I doing this right?

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

how terrible...

We looked like complete garbage last preseason and then looked darn good as of game 1 when the real season started. Preseason is preseason.

Yes, yes...Eventually injuries, our lack of depth, and 82 game fatigue on our rookie top scorer took their toll (before someone jumps in with where we finished).

The one thing that worries me is the lack of compete when’s petey isn’t in the line up.. I want to see more options on the 2nd line, I’m not sold on Pearson he’s a possibility of course not tagging him at all. I’d still like to see Some other options tried there, Maybe Goldy more.  Also I really want to see Jake have a game with baer and Gaudette that could be a great third offensive line.

Ferland Petey Boeser

Goldy Bo Miller

Baer Gaudette JakeV 

thats my top nine 

I was at the game last night and the players that stood out the most were:

Gaudette (looked like a complete thug in the first period)

Hughes

Tanev 

MacEwan (physical and fought)

Somewhat Baertchi and Beagle

The very bad:

Chatfield

Demko

Miller

Virtanen

Bo surprisingly seemed like he was mailing it in a bit

Edited by Bure_Pavel

Expectations were too high for Jake. Just plunk him on the 4th line and let him work it out for himself. Open up a spot for MacEwan or Graovac by waiving LE. We need a mucker in the trenches, to hit and drop the mitts.

Teams still target us like 2011 we're not getting easy games - and  make opposing goalies look like Vezina.

• Cheers 1