The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, brownky said:

The other trend I've seen in this preseason game which I hope does not translate to the reg season, an alarming number of players are not going to the front of the net. Lots of shots, many for rebounds and nobody home.

That's not a trend, that's largely been Canucks hockey for a while. Hate to say it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

People say its only preseason...blah blah blah...while it may not count to anything. We have to look at the bigger picture

Looking at some of the players and goalie... the game is 6-2. Preseason or not that says alot about our upcoming season.

The entire 1st line,  1st d-pairing and starting goaltender did not play tonight.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

People say its only preseason...blah blah blah...while it may not count to anything. We have to look at the bigger picture

Looking at some of the players and goalie... the game is 6-2. Preseason or not that says alot about our upcoming season.

No it doesn't. The Oilers went undefeated one preseason a couple years ago, finished in the basement. 

It's only preseason. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Vanuckles said:

I gave you an example from a Youtube video

watch it again.  the first fight there is no lead in shown, the 2nd Clark gets hit from behind, with the elbow up and responded accordingly, as he usually did. 

The league has changed - it's a new age think to act like you're entitled not take a clean hit - it's a new age response to over-react to every clean hit - it's something that was an obvious change/evolution - to anyone who paid attention to the game change over the past 10, 20, 30+ years.  You can argue it all you want but you clearly don't know what you're talking about when you go searching for an outlier on Youtube.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brownky said:

The other trend I've seen in this preseason game which I hope does not translate to the reg season, an alarming number of players are not going to the front of the net. Lots of shots, many for rebounds and nobody home.

Hopefully with Ferland and Roussel coming back it will change. Think Leivo can also stand in front of the net

• Upvote 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Jake, Miller, Hughes also played well.

I thought Hughes was average. A couple good plays, a couple bad ones.

Miller is a monster, I was a fan of that trade the minute it happened so I don't even notice when he's "great", because that's how he usually is ;)

I don't like saying Jake or Goldy because the haters or fanboys come out regardless, seeing exactly what they want. Goldy had an average game tonight, Jake was above average.

Unfortunately, it's not an "average" team in "average" league anymore.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1