The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, KeslerWho? said:

We had our entire 2nd and 3rd lines, our 2nd and 3rd D pairings + Thatcher "could take over the reins this season" Demko.

Yeah but our ahl scrubs didnt play well like chatfield, and Brisbois made mistakes on that goal. Plus Petersson , Boeser and Ferland along with myers and edler would make that PP score at least 2 out of 3. Plus sens dressed all their regular D like Hainsey, Chabot, Zaistev etc. plus Anderson in net playing like its a playoff game. Doubt Abdersson wouldve stopped Petersson or Boeser shots

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

watch it again.  the first fight there is no lead in shown, the 2nd Clark gets hit from behind, with the elbow up and responded accordingly, as he usually did. 

The league has changed - it's a new age think to act like you're entitled not take a clean hit - it's a new age response to over-react to every clean hit - it's something that was an obvious change/evolution - to anyone who paid attention to the game change over the past 10, 20, 30+ years.  You can argue it all you want but you clearly don't know what you're talking about when you go searching for an outlier on Youtube.

image.png.e502ad78ad604b7f97ef7eba97730520.png

It is literally a shoulder to shoulder hit. 

For the second one I pointed out, he literally takes him into the board. Not even a hit. Gives him a slash then rides him into the board and they're on their feet the entire time. 14:14 is another example in the video of a clean hit resulting in a fight. It's a sample video from an era that spanned across multiple decades, and in the sample video you clearly see multiple examples of what I'm talking about. There was less and less fighting over time, so fights after clean hits stuck out more by comparison, hence what you're referring to as the "new era." No I didn't watch the 70s and 80s but don't tell me they didn't fight after clean hits back then. I just gave you 3 examples from a sample video.

I'm tired of this cyclical argument and I have to wake up early to go to work tomorrow. Good night.

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

One preseason game does not a season make. 

Im not saying it does, I just find it funny people are saying "preseason doesnt count. Didnt have our 1st pairing or 1st line". Well we had the rest of the team pretty much, it was just a poor outing. No need to make excuses 

Just now, KeslerWho? said:

Im not saying it does, I just find it funny people are saying "preseason doesnt count. Didnt have our 1st pairing or 1st line". Well we had the rest of the team pretty much, it was just a poor outing. No need to make excuses 

I'm not. But it is just a preseason game win or lose. 

10 minutes ago, xereau said:

The wild anger after a clean hit, and the crickets after something disgusting happens.

Welcome to the New NHL.

tenor.gif?itemid=5538518

Qft

110% head up, stick on the ice discussion with ol' newsy

So, how do you guys fee about turning your back on the play?

Yeah

I know

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, brownky said:

You know what?

I hate the fact that you're right. In a way. Possibly. Probably not. But maybe. I can't admit anything.

The Canucks got killed on the powerplay tonight.

No littlethings Loui.

Or Motte.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

That contract is not an anchor.

You've clearly confused his with Eriksson’s.  

League has gotten younger.  Guys that are close to the retirement discount Wednesday at Denny's are just not as useful to a team.

Its a young guys game now. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1