The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

So no step up? 

I wouldn’t say 46 SOG is no one stepped up. Just Ottawa capitalizes on almost all their scoring chances and Anderson really shut the door after the first 2 goals. We have already seen what the team on full force can do, and right now I don’t care about wins or losses for the rest of the pre-season as long as we get Brock back for the start of the season.

• Cheers 2

Just now, DarthMelvin said:

People say its only preseason...blah blah blah...while it may not count to anything. We have to look at the bigger picture

Looking at some of the players and goalie... the game is 6-2. Preseason or not that says alot about our upcoming season.

Yeah, 

I thought Petey, Boeser, Edler, Myers, Ferland and a few other guys were awful. Total no shows.

But you are right

Preseason blah blah

Bliggityblahblah

Brickricken $&!#kickin

Frickity Fuh Bruh

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

With Eriksson out they were bound to lose

You know what?

I hate the fact that you're right. In a way. Possibly. Probably not. But maybe. I can't admit anything.

The Canucks got killed on the powerplay tonight.

No littlethings Loui.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, hockeygod77 said:

like I've said demo good guy good goalie but just not going to be a starter in the NHL..trade him for something....dipetro also.....we need more grits skill and another goalie...you wait and see

I agree man! 

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, KeslerWho? said:

Petey with a 4 point night, "man we are so good, we are going to have such a deadly PP this season"

Lose 6-2 and Tkachuk has a 4 point night, "It's only preseason, it doesnt count"

:picard:

No, it was still only preseason when Petey had his 4 point night. Not everyone here is one extreme or the other. 

• Cheers 1

well that was a pretty uninspired effort - like a team coasting through preseason - problem being there are a bunch of guys that aren't going to make the cut and (with maybe one exception) they did not exactly raise the level of intensity (probably need to watch some Motte video from a year ago)

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, KeslerWho? said:

Petey with a 4 point night, "man we are so good, we are going to have such a deadly PP this season"

Lose 6-2 and Tkachuk has a 4 point night, "It's only preseason, it doesnt count"

:picard:

I've read all 56 pages and didn't see anyone say that about Tkachuk. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, ruilin96 said:

I wouldn’t say 46 SOG is no one stepped up. Just Ottawa capitalizes on almost all their scoring chances and Anderson really shut the door after the first 2 goals. We have already seen what the team on full force can do, and right now I don’t care about wins or losses for the rest of the pre-season as long as we get Brock back for the start of the season.

Stecher continues to take those weak unscreened shots,  Virtanen too.  When the goalie gets his eyes on the puck for more than 0.5 second the conversion rate is only 2.7%.  Those are not dangerous shots.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, hockeygod77 said:

like I've said demo good guy good goalie but just not going to be a starter in the NHL..trade him for something....dipetro also.....we need more grits skill and another goalie...you wait and see

Yeah, a 20 year old goalie who was an absolute stud for Team Canada has no chance of making the NHL  We should trade him for a 5th.

• Haha 2

Not impressed with Virtanen and Goldobin at all. Think Canucks could trade them for picks or prospects. Virtanen was invisible and Goldobin not great. Schaller, Goldobin, Virtanen should be out.

opening night roster:

Ferland-Petersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo

Motte-Sutter-Beagle

Eriksson scratched, Virtanen scratched

Goldobin traded and schaller sent down to utica

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1