The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

Carbs are an essential macro nutrient, your brain runs on glucose. Over eating ANY macro nutrient is bad for you. It doesn't matter if it's fat, carbs, or protein

Not going to get into this too much on a hockey board but that is completely faults.  Alcohol and Carbs are the only 2 Maco nutrients that do not need to be ingested.  Your liver will produce more then double the amount of Carbs your brain needs to function on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Many people completely disagree with your take and feel being in ketosis is a much healthier state to be in. In the 50s when North American's began eating many more carbs (including crap loads of sugar in one form or another) and much less fat and protein, they all became fatter and heart disease ran rampant. Lots of books and research out there now that support that science. Carbs are certainly NOT an essential macro nutrient if you are in ketosis as your organs and brain function very well with a high fat, medium protein, and very low carb diet.  Many of our ancestors did this for thousands of years as did the Inuit and Masai.

Just saying.....

11 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

Keto sure has helped me, I'm in if someone makes one.

I made a Keto thread as to not derail this one further, plus I think it could be useful. 

• Cheers 1