The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Oct. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Jake and Bo heads and tails above the rest tonight for Van.  Petey is putting in the effort, but looks not so good.  Boes seems to be going full Nylander this year

The Pettersson line had 4 minutes more then the horvat line to start. Horvat s line is not the first line . 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hear you, Kurt. There are 80 more games this season and teams will ebb and flow. Take St Louis, for example. 

By no means am I trying to absolve the team for the overall lacklustre performance tonight. It was bad. No doubt. 

If they’re still trying to pass of this type of slow start and passive performance 15 games in? They deserve the criticism. 

I’m trying to maintain some perspective is all. 

Although I don't expect a troll to maintain perspective

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

I don't know whether the ice was truly bad out there, but the puck seemed to be bouncing over our sticks all night. Still haven't been coached into a group yet. Transitions are lacking, passing off the mark and plays seem to be telegraphed all night. 

When the ice is really bad it's bad for both teams. Calgary didn't seem to be having much trouble going tape-to-tape with their passes while we couldn't muster connecting 2 passes in a row.

It's more of our own sloppiness and lack of focus that cost us 2 games. A few more lackadaisical performances like this will go a long way ensuring us on the outside looking in come March.

Right now this team's seriously lacking focus and resolve from the puck drop -- then again, it's been the story of this franchise for nearly a decade now. 

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Jake and Bo heads and tails above the rest tonight for Van.  Petey is putting in the effort, but looks not so good.  Boes seems to be going full Nylander this year

STFU

Every right to be pissed after this game but no reason to call Boeser out on the whole season

• Cheers 2