The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (13-19) 2019

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Rumours already circling that New Jersey might be making a coaching change , maybe the Canucks will be the deciding game.

Yeah... if they lose to a "team like that", something's gotta change :shock:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Crosby with another beauty. Nobody's will to win matches this guy. McDavid's skill > Crosby's skill... but Crosby will have the better career, IMO. The guy takes losing puck battles so personally, like someone just kicked his dog.  

He's still an engine. It's like he's willing the Pens to win in spite of all their injuries. 

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Crosby with another beauty. Nobody's will to win matches this guy. McDavid's skill > Crosby's skill... but Crosby will have the better career, IMO. The guy takes losing puck battles so personally, like someone just kicked his dog.  

Close call not sure if he closed his hand on the puck and then gained an advantage of where he put it down, but maybe just trapped it against his chest.  Still beauty finish on the goal, must have over a dozen highlight reel goals off his backhand.

Edited by amplified0ne

I hate the Oilers and they're top heavy as hell but McDavid is something else. I can't stand him but he's something else. 

Wouldn't want a team like that though, having everything so dependent primarily on two players would scare the hell outta me.

Edited by Coconuts

25 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Small clarification: the 20 number for players is specific to skaters (excluding goaltenders), and assuming Tavares is placed on IR, which excludes him from the roster count.

IR is at least 7 days of unavailability but a player might miss less than a week with illness - he wouldn't go on IR.  If a team has no cap space - a zero cap hit emergency recall can be evoked as soon as a team has less than 18 healthy skaters but they first need to play 1 game short-handed.  The recalled player cannot have a cap hit of more than 800K this season.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Alex Galchenyuk suffered a significant allergic reaction after being bitten by a spider, per Bob MacKenzie.

My eyes blurred as I read this, and I thought the reaction was from getting bit by Marchand :lol:

1 hour ago, mll said:

Things not going well in Minnesota.  It's not on Boudreau though.  The roster is weirdly constructed and they are far too slow.

Minnesota desperately needs young talent. The best thing this year would be for them to continue to suck, get a lottery pick, and next year bring that player in, along with (hopefully) Kaprisov.

Edited by D-Money