The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Oct. 20, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, stawns said:

how were they sitting ona  lead?  Can you pinpoint the moves that TG made that led you to that determination?

I'm laying that on Greener as well.
This team isn't all that "young" - by age about middle of the pack, so you can't blame it on inexperience. 
Greener had plenty of opportunities to call a time out before the massive gong show got out of control, and didn't. 
It's literally the smartest and best thing you can do when you see your team starting to fall apart. 
Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time he called a time out... has he ever?

Markywas a beast. As was the defense and checking line.

IMO... unreal game by our boys. Back to back early games. Came out hard for the first two periods. Came out harder when they there own end.

This group is young. 

They find ways to get sh!t done. I love them.

Edited by Canorth
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Comet Fan 0727 said:

Agree with all but Schallwr. I thought the 4th line was our best line actually 

I thought Beagle and Motte played pretty good but Schaller had so many chances to clear the puck and would muffin it at the blue line. I'm actually a fan of Schaller but that wasn't his best performance. 

Just now, DS4quality said:

I thought Beagle and Motte played pretty good but Schaller had so many chances to clear the puck and would muffin it at the blue line. I'm actually a fan of Schaller but that wasn't his best performance. 

Agreed, not a great game for TS, not a string one for Sutter either, imo.

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

They went 8 minutes without a whistle, when was he supposed to call it?

That mess started before that stretch.

also, as good as Marky is (and he was AMAZING today), he could learn a few tricks from the old dogs like Patt Roy, "accidentally on purpose" knnocking the net off.... God knows there were enough mashed potato plays in front of him to easily cover that up... a play like that WOULD have given Greener the opportunity during that long stretch.
Or maybe Mark just hates Greener, lol 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

They absolutely dominated the first two periods and could have easily ran the Rangers out of the building.

They ran out of steam in the third period having played less than 24 hours before in a tough game. It happens.

The important thing is they bent and didn’t break and Marky stood tall. Couldn’t have come back at a better time. 

Theyll learn from this this for sure, but there’s no point over analyzing this one or being overly critical. They’re the team that played the first two periods not the last one.

I largely agree, I just don't buy that they were so exhausted that they we couldn't force any pressure in the third.

Stoked we got the W.

8 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Shots by period:

1st - 20 

2nd - 17

3rd - 6

I feel the difference with this team is we will learn from this early on.

The 4th line also was on for like every 2nd shift in the third for some bizarre reason. They were good early on but you can't expect your team to hold any sort of offensive pressure if your grinders are getting all the minutes in the third.

• Upvote 1