The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I generally leave you to your affable codger shtick, but to make such a sweeping statement is beyond the pale. You have no clue about First Nations band governance and while it's certainly true that there are pockets of corruption in all levels of government, to make the claim that all duly elected bands are corrupt and not representing the best interests of their respective members is woefully uninformed.

Give your furry head a shake....<_<

Did you read what King posted?  Those politicians in those clans mentioned are corrupt.  Or do you think it’s okay to steal from the people you’re supposed to be representing?  

Give your bald head a shake. :shock:

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

These Bands are clearly corrupt.  But why should the native peoples’ politicians be any less corrupt than the city council, MLAs or MPs?  Too many Politicians, on any level, are just scum of the earth.  

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I generally leave you to your affable codger shtick, but to make such a sweeping statement is beyond the pale. You have no clue about First Nations band governance and while it's certainly true that there are pockets of corruption in all levels of government, to make the claim that all duly elected bands are corrupt and not representing the best interests of their respective members is woefully uninformed.

Give your furry head a shake....<_<

Actually what alf said is said by many. Many do say most have one corrupt government we have 2 corrupt governments, one in Ottawa and our chiefs.

Maybe save the sjw nonsense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Okay, honestly, you are getting the war hippie level that you will come up with any excuse to try to save Trudeau and the Liberals on this matter.

I love it

He points out that the bands involved have flat out stated that it's currently the Alberta government holding things up.  In fact Teck has stated the same thing that the Alberta governments slow approach with First Nations bands is a part of the issue

but you're accusing him of trying to defend or save Trudeau by simply bringing that up

it's adorable really

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I love it

He points out that the bands involved have flat out stated that it's currently the Alberta government holding things up.  In fact Teck has stated the same thing that the Alberta governments slow approach with First Nations bands is a part of the issue

but you're accusing him of trying to defend or save Trudeau by simply bringing that up

it's adorable really

What is cute? Or actually pathetic is the nonsense you just made up.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did you read what King posted?  Those politicians in those clans mentioned are corrupt.  Or do you think it’s okay to steal from the people you’re supposed to be representing?  

Give your bald head a shake. :shock:

As it happens, my wife has family who work for one of the bands that have signed an agreement. Some of the least corrupt people I've ever met.

You blanket accusation is untrue.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As it happens, my wife has family who work for one of the bands that have signed an agreement. Some of the least corrupt people I've ever met.

yah i wonder why an elected chief would vote for a project that would the bands territories at risk for environmental disaster...

WHY would an elected Chief vote for a project....

I love Jimmy's blind support for democracy.... but we need to look deeper.... 

Canada wilderness and our world class natural environment depend on us humans looking at the pro's and con's of each of these projects....

The community said the chief received one salary of $4,800 for his job as chief, another salary of $80,000 for his job as economic development officer and an $800,000 bonus based on "10 per cent of Gross Profit generated from projects the Manager successfully retains."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/bc-first-nation-chief-was-paid-almost-1-million-last-year/article19876781/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Politicians are definitely corrupt, and from King’s posted article that corruption extends to the native peoples mentioned.

Your supposition is based on an anecdotal view.  That’s fine when applied to one situation, but Kings article was definitely more fact based, and lacked the (obvious) bias of a mere anecdote. 

I feel sorry fir the native people in those tribes.  They get a raw deal from the 

Feds, the Province, and from their own tribe.  

Maybe if more people would accept articles like the one posted by King as correct, then the native peoples would get more support from everyone?  If we just allow mere anecdotal perspective to influence our decisions, the native peoples are going to continue to be taken advantage of from all levels of government, including their local tribe council.  

I thought you, Rupert, would be the one person who would be on the side of doing what’s right for the natives.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

yah i wonder why an elected chief would vote for a project that would the bands territories at risk for environmental disaster...

WHY would an elected Chief vote for a project....

I love Jimmy's blind support for democracy.... but we need to look deeper.... 

Canada wilderness and our world class natural environment depend on us humans looking at the pro's and con's of each of these projects....

The community said the chief received one salary of $4,800 for his job as chief, another salary of $80,000 for his job as economic development officer and an $800,000 bonus based on "10 per cent of Gross Profit generated from projects the Manager successfully retains."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/bc-first-nation-chief-was-paid-almost-1-million-last-year/article19876781/

You know King, the natives clearly lived the right way for long term survival of species.  They lived as a part of nature, unlike the Western Europeans who conquered them.  However, for us now to expect there is no corruption in the native community now, because of their past way of living with nature is ignoring human nature.  Sadly, the more we ignore this kind of corruption, the further into depression many native communities fall.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You know King, the natives clearly lived the right way for long term survival of species.  They lived as a part of nature, unlike the Western Europeans who conquered them.  However, for us now to expect there is no corruption in the native community now, because of their past way of living with nature is ignoring human nature.  Sadly, the more we ignore this kind of corruption, the further into depression many native communities fall.  

I guess first nations are showing signs of successful integration when they emulate the most disturbing practises such as greed, and corruption.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I guess first nations are showing signs of successful integration when they emulate the most disturbing practises such as greed, and corruption.....

Very true.  These thieves, who pretend to be doing what’s best for their tribes, need to be culled.  

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Politicians are definitely corrupt, and from King’s posted article that corruption extends to the native peoples mentioned.

Your supposition is based on an anecdotal view.  That’s fine when applied to one situation, but Kings article was definitely more fact based, and lacked the (obvious) bias of a mere anecdote. 

I feel sorry fir the native people in those tribes.  They get a raw deal from the 

Feds, the Province, and from their own tribe.  

Maybe if more people would accept articles like the one posted by King as correct, then the native peoples would get more support from everyone?  If we just allow mere anecdotal perspective to influence our decisions, the native peoples are going to continue to be taken advantage of from all levels of government, including their local tribe council.  

I thought you, Rupert, would be the one person who would be on the side of doing what’s right for the natives.  

I am. From what I can gather, the majority of them are in favor of the project. It's the few who are holding it up....

• Like 1

@Alflives: I went back and re-read our earlier conversation. My cursory glance at your post had me believing that you were calling the Wet'suwet'en bands who have signed agreements for this project "corrupt", but with a second look, I see that you were referring to other, more specific cases.

That was my bad. Apologies

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

More like 3800 points. Quebec is absolutely panicking and BC is saying omg how will we find 20 extra billion to give Ottawa.

FB_IMG_1581382433147.jpg

Average CDN IQ rises 10 percent after this...

Chewing tobacco sales crash in Canada......

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2020 at 3:36 PM, Alflives said:

I don't know what history you read but not the same as I did. When the whites came west it was no picnic for either whites or native. The various tribes regularly fought one another and enslaved people as needed. The only thing that made whites 'superior' was their technology. The natives wanted the knives, pots and especially the guns. These goods made their lives much easier. In many cases the dif been life and death. Natives didn't have conservation officers. They killed what they thought they needed and weren't always accurate.  

The Iroquois and Cree were are big part of the Hudson's Bay Co. Many never returned home and settled in the west.  

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't know what history you read but not the same as I did. When the whites came west it was no picnic for either whites or native. The various tribes regularly fought one another and enslaved people as needed. The only thing that made whites 'superior' was their technology. The natives wanted the knives, pots and especially the guns. These goods made their lives much easier. In many cases the dif been life and death. Natives didn't have conservation officers. They killed what they thought they needed and weren't always accurate.  

The Iroquois and Cree were are big part of the Hudson's Bay Co. Many never returned home and settled in the west.  

In 1860 ish....   60% of BC indigenous people  ( 30,0000 people ) died due to small pox they got from settlers....

Yah, i think that first nations really did not do very well with their trading with settlers...