The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Yup , if trump had a we scandal , for his hat trick then yes trump would have been booted out but JT just continues to walk free......so yes our PM has shown his corrupt but we don't do jack......

Hat trick?

As far as scandals go, DT has hit multiple grand slam home runs, a couple touch downs  with 2 point conversions, threw up a triple double and hasn't missed a hole in one for years.

He's hands down the most prolific champ in such areas as scandals. 

• Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Hey now it was the government lack of action , also if JT would have did what he was suppose too, b.c would have fallen in line and would have put the Canadian economy first instead of this stupid idea of how oil is just Alberta......

BC never actually caused a delay. 

As far as JT's scandals go, he ran for reelection and won a minority and is still in the lead in polling. We'll see about Donalds. 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Hat trick?

As far as scandals go, DT has hit multiple grand slam home runs, a couple touch downs  with 2 point conversions, threw up a triple double and hasn't missed a hole in one for years.

He's hands down the most prolific champ in such areas as scandals. 

Trump won the Gold medal for scandals.....

....he was so proud, he went out and had it bronzed....

• Haha 3

Gordie bless you guys for trying... But I don't even know how any meaningful dialogue is possible when you're trying to have an intelligent discussion with someone who keeps citing Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the bogeyma.... er I mean Trudeau as part of their 'argument'.

Some people (entire provinces?) are too far down the rabbit hole.

Edited by aGENT

43 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Gordie bless you guys for trying... But I don't even know how any meaningful dialogue is possible when you're trying to have an intelligent discussion with someone who keeps citing Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the bogeyma.... er I mean Trudeau as part of their 'argument'.

Some people (entire provinces?) are too far down the rabbit hole.

Trudeau(s) are a pillar of the modern conservative mythos. Its like trying to take Jesus out of the bible for them. "I dunno, some dude just dropped off some fish" just doesn't work as well dramatically.

Edited by Robert Long
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Hey now it was the government lack of action , also if JT would have did what he was suppose too, b.c would have fallen in line and would have put the Canadian economy first instead of this stupid idea of how oil is just Alberta......

Please tell us exactly what it is that JT was supposed to do.  Be specific.  Perhaps provide sources as well (I won't hold my breath on that one).  Remember, that the oil market cratered around the time JT took over.  Remember, that Harper and his band of Albertan MPs were in power for a decade with record prices for oil and they failed miserably at getting major export pipelines built.  So whatever ire you have at JT in this regard, Harper and his Albertan MP band deserve the lions share.  Even with JT getting TMX going, you still think he doesn't put Canada's economy first?  I'm at a loss of words with that one.

MMaahhhhhhhhhhhhh    J !!!   T !!!!   BAD!!!   <-- RowdyCanuck

• Cheers 1

All the corporate tax cuts aren't saving two thousand odd jobs.  Somehow JT will probably be blamed.

National Post link

'Already struggling' Calgary downtown core will be hit hard by job cuts from Cenovus-Husky merger

'If this isn’t the wakeup call in the sense of the oil and gas industry is not going to save Calgary, then I don’t know what is'

10 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

All the corporate tax cuts aren't saving two thousand odd jobs.  Somehow JT will probably be blamed.

National Post link

'Already struggling' Calgary downtown core will be hit hard by job cuts from Cenovus-Husky merger

'If this isn’t the wakeup call in the sense of the oil and gas industry is not going to save Calgary, then I don’t know what is'

Still seems to be an awful lot of hardcore Albertans in complete denial and sticking to their bass-ackwards ideology.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Wish Strome was still here :(

Would love to hear his take on Kenney and the UCP now opening up and openly socializing oil and gas development.  12% promise for projects will come from tax payers and out of the heritage fund.

That's right.  Whatever pathetic amount has been saved (less than 18 billion) over 50 years of oil and gas development derived from royalties will now essentially be given BACK to oil companies if they continue developing.

For the record.  companies that net a max 12% assistance.  Would not actually pay that back in royalties throughout a projects lifetime.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/politics/alberta-petrochemical-incentive-program-to-offer-12-per-cent-grants-to-attract-new-investment?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR07WGfTtqN2b0JZzXna2WOPsPe0ARNkLmFmB95b6Gs0D-7pjOi3lJ_05Qs#Echobox=1604070217

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Totally is, jerry in north battleford figured out the conspiracy from his trailer

I think I met Jerry once while I was in Battleford back in the 80s.....they were holding a beauty contest that day....

....nobody won....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Would love to hear his take on Kenney and the UCP now opening up and openly socializing oil and gas development.  12% promise for projects will come from tax payers and out of the heritage fund.

That's right.  Whatever pathetic amount has been saved (less than 18 billion) over 50 years of oil and gas development derived from royalties will now essentially be given BACK to oil companies if they continue developing.

For the record.  companies that net a max 12% assistance.  Would not actually pay that back in royalties throughout a projects lifetime.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/politics/alberta-petrochemical-incentive-program-to-offer-12-per-cent-grants-to-attract-new-investment?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR07WGfTtqN2b0JZzXna2WOPsPe0ARNkLmFmB95b6Gs0D-7pjOi3lJ_05Qs#Echobox=1604070217

The part that really gets my dander up is about not caring about the fact that the Feds have banned some single use plastics due to the fact that most of their production is for export as if they were exporting it to space or something. 
Talk about brain dead. 

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My guess is that it would be along the lines of, "Alberta has been carrying the rest of Canada" and "Trudeau....something....something"

He'd probably also claim that he's "never liked" Kenney or Scheer.....

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

MLA gets boot, for not spending time in his riding, wonder if they have a recall provision?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/alberta-mla-pat-rehn-says-he-s-disappointed-relieved-to-be-removed-from-ucp-caucus/ar-BB1cMMxR?ocid=msedgdhp

"The MLA for Lesser Slave Lake says he is disappointed but relieved to be removed from the UCP caucus.

Pat Rehn was kicked out of caucus by Premier Jason Kenney on Thursday after he was accused of being absent from his riding. In a Facebook post issued later that day, Rehn said there are advantages to the removal and he will now be able to oppose certain measures in place to stop the spread of COVID-19.

“I will now be able to express my opposition of some of the lockdown measures, such as closing gyms and businesses,” wrote Rehn. “I believe strongly that measures must be taken to prevent COVID-19 spread, but also recognize the long lasting effects caused by the lockdown itself.

“There are still some large projects in the works I’m proud to be a part of and I am optimistic the region will see great growth as we move forward.”

Kenney removed Rehn from the UCP party after Slave Lake’s Town Council called for his removal. The premier said Rehn has ignored calls from caucus leadership, his constituents and Kenney himself to be more present in the community.

Publicly available financial records suggest Rehn spent the majority of his time in Edmonton. Records show he expensed three meals a day in Edmonton almost every day in April, May , June and July 2020. He was also found to have travelled to Mexico over the holidays, despite there being provincial guidelines to avoid non-essential travel.

Slave Lake’s municipal government recently issued an open letter stating Rehn has spent very little time in his riding since he was elected and accused him of missing meetings and not being prepared for meetings he did attend.

On Thursday, Slave Lake Mayor Tyler Warman said Rehn being removed from caucus is good news for the residents but Warman still believes Rehn should resign as MLA all together.

“At this point, you have to ask yourself, what are you holding on to? He said repeatedly that he wants to work hard for this region, and do what’s best for this region, and represent this region. If he really, truly cares, he’ll let somebody that the people have the confidence in take that position and make sure that we get the representation that we need,” Warman told Postmedia.

Becoming an independent MLA means that Rehn will be moved out of the UCP caucus office space to elsewhere in the Federal Building. His salary is unchanged"

1 hour ago, gurn said:

MLA gets boot, for not spending time in his riding, wonder if they have a recall provision?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/alberta-mla-pat-rehn-says-he-s-disappointed-relieved-to-be-removed-from-ucp-caucus/ar-BB1cMMxR?ocid=msedgdhp

"The MLA for Lesser Slave Lake says he is disappointed but relieved to be removed from the UCP caucus.

Pat Rehn was kicked out of caucus by Premier Jason Kenney on Thursday after he was accused of being absent from his riding. In a Facebook post issued later that day, Rehn said there are advantages to the removal and he will now be able to oppose certain measures in place to stop the spread of COVID-19.

“I will now be able to express my opposition of some of the lockdown measures, such as closing gyms and businesses,” wrote Rehn. “I believe strongly that measures must be taken to prevent COVID-19 spread, but also recognize the long lasting effects caused by the lockdown itself.

“There are still some large projects in the works I’m proud to be a part of and I am optimistic the region will see great growth as we move forward.”

Kenney removed Rehn from the UCP party after Slave Lake’s Town Council called for his removal. The premier said Rehn has ignored calls from caucus leadership, his constituents and Kenney himself to be more present in the community.

Publicly available financial records suggest Rehn spent the majority of his time in Edmonton. Records show he expensed three meals a day in Edmonton almost every day in April, May , June and July 2020. He was also found to have travelled to Mexico over the holidays, despite there being provincial guidelines to avoid non-essential travel.

Slave Lake’s municipal government recently issued an open letter stating Rehn has spent very little time in his riding since he was elected and accused him of missing meetings and not being prepared for meetings he did attend.

On Thursday, Slave Lake Mayor Tyler Warman said Rehn being removed from caucus is good news for the residents but Warman still believes Rehn should resign as MLA all together.

“At this point, you have to ask yourself, what are you holding on to? He said repeatedly that he wants to work hard for this region, and do what’s best for this region, and represent this region. If he really, truly cares, he’ll let somebody that the people have the confidence in take that position and make sure that we get the representation that we need,” Warman told Postmedia.

Becoming an independent MLA means that Rehn will be moved out of the UCP caucus office space to elsewhere in the Federal Building. His salary is unchanged"

Anyone been to Slave Lake?

Rehn's absence is completely understandable....

• Haha 1