The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don’t get too comfortable...

Rate this topic

bobo1763

How dare fans be excited that their team just scored a minimum of five goals four games in a row. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Fans aren't expecting us to win the cup in the first month of the season, but considering how this team has struggled to score in the past the present and future look bright and that's why we're riding high. 

Of course they want to score first and limit the amount of chances other teams get. This is a professional organization and they're professional hockey players. That goes without saying. 

Edited by Coconuts

33 minutes ago, bobo1763 said:

Hello fellow Canuck fans!

I like most of you am pleased that the canucks have scored 22 goals in 4 games. We have long deserved it after many years of bad drafting (Virtanen, juolevi) and missed playoffs.

However, as usual the canucks are either getting scored on first or at least letting in  2+ goals a game. I cannot remember the last time we won a game 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 5-0. Etc. You get my point. Our goal tending is trash and has been consistently trash for every season for since we lost miller. Yeah markstroms has maybe a quarter of a season of good games in how many years?? 

This play is unsustainable. If they don’t crack down on goals against they will lose. 

flame away

You see my boi Pettersson? Boi takes out the fy cking trash! Matthews over on the Leafs lookin like he just had 

his lunch money taken. My boi Pettersson TAKES OUT HIS OWN TRASH! Flame away..

• Cheers 1

Sure, it's unlikely we're actually a team that will go 8-1-1 every 10 games this year and we will undoubtedly run into notable injury problems and slumps where we will do more poorly, but at the end of the day, I'm now definitely expecting that we will be very competitive for a playoff spot come April.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, bobo1763 said:

I like most of you am pleased that the canucks have scored 22 goals in 4 games. We have long deserved it after many years of bad drafting (Virtanen, juolevi) and missed playoffs.

However, as usual the canucks are either getting scored on first or at least letting in  2+ goals a game. I cannot remember the last time we won a game 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 5-0. Etc. You get my point. Our goal tending is trash and has been consistently trash for every season for since we lost miller. Yeah markstroms has maybe a quarter of a season of good games in how many years?? 

This play is unsustainable. If they don’t crack down on goals against they will lose. 

flame away

They are the top goal differential team in the league. Their advanced stats have been as close to perfect as we could have possibley imagined. This deserves a special parking spot pass.

What the F are you talking about ?

Is the confusion,  or laughing emoji the new minus ? I can't decide. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, bobo1763 said:

flame away

well u have short term memory loss then   oct 15   canucks 5  Detroit 1   so there ya go   2 weeks ago     so what now troll ?

20 minutes ago, the grinder said:

well u have short term memory loss then   oct 15   canucks 5  Detroit 1   so there ya go   2 weeks ago     so what now troll ?

Heaven forbid we allow 0 goals in a game! Just once. Good ol' marky has had 3 shutouts in his whole career :sick:

• Wat 2

5 hours ago, bobo1763 said:

flame away

In what way has our goaltending been trash?  

Outside of the Washington game (who scored 5 against us), I don’t seem to recall too many games where other teams have blown up the score board against us.

We have the largest +/- goal differential in the league.

Sorry bobo, but I’m not sure what you’re getting at.   Your post has poo with corn in it and belongs on HF!  

Hilarious!!!

So how does your thesis look so far?  

Good job.  

No comfortable yet, but loving every game so far.  

The team needs to win in the playoffs to be 'comfortable' and time is not moving any faster.  

Everyone enjoy this season.  It is going to be special and when the documentarys are made about this group, you can say you saw it all from the beginning.   

This isn't the best team in club history, but when the best team does hit the ice, Ep40, Hughes, Boeser and Horvat will be on it.  

Check in after 20 games and see how this thesis is fairing.  Not looking good early.  

I wouldn't get too comfortable with this thread OP.  

6 hours ago, bobo1763 said:

flame away

Just wanted to know if you intend on staying with your idea that we need to cut down on our goals against?  Maybe rethink that 'our goaltenders are trash' statement?  

We currently lead the league with plus minus.  A team stat that has value.  That is at the 12 game mark.  

Check in with you at 20 games....