The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues @ Canucks Nov 5 2019 7pm SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

4 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

It finally arrived! That is one sexy jersey!

Ok- I have to admit that does look better than I remember (but the original stick in rinks are still better):P:towel:

Also that hard wood flooring looks very similar to ours B)

Edited by Cali Canuck
more info
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jason10009 said:

I want a "Team like that." shirt.

Did anyone see the interview with poughty doughty about the "team like that" comment?  It was on the thats hockey.

Doughty basically said he and the media hack were talking about how young the Canucks had gotten and how the Kings were a veteran team. He says he meant that he felt no veteran team should lose in such a bad way to a young "team like that".  It made sense and I doubt Doughty made it up.

Pierre Lebrun said Doughty is one of only a few players that actually tells it like it is and doesn't just give the same old "110%, gotta play in their end, blah blah blah". He said he hopes Doughty and other NHLers don't quit answering questions with real answers because they get flamed so hard in social media.

It was quite interesting actually.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Did anyone see the interview with poughty doughty about the "team like that" comment?  It was on the thats hockey.

Doughty basically said he and the media hack were talking about how young the Canucks had gotten and how the Kings were a veteran team. He says he meant that he felt no veteran team should lose in such a bad way to a young "team like that".  It made sense and I doubt Doughty made it up.

Pierre Lebrun said Doughty is one of only a few players that actually tells it like it is and doesn't just give the same old "110%, gotta play in their end, blah blah blah". He said he hopes Doughty and other NHLers don't quit answering questions with real answers because they get flamed so hard in social media.

I’d take Drew here any day and at a high price. Just sayin’. 

Canuck fans seem to forget what a great player he is, even if he’s getting older. 

He’d definitely make the team better and the price isn’t really all that far fetched, considering what they’re paying Edler. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Canuck fans seem to forget what a great player he is, even if he’s getting older. 

He’d definitely make the team better and the price isn’t really all that far fetched, considering what they’re paying Edler. 

Seconded.

He's still one of the best D in the game.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I think he was backpedaling from all the backlash.  He probably really thought we suck.

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Interesting point. Considering they gave him an 8 year contract at 11 million a year and it just started, one has to wonder what their owner is thinking about that right now seeing as they want to rebuild.

They would almost have to just give him away for nothing just for another team to take that crazy cap hit (ok..maybe an ok roster player and a couple prospects picks).

I would not mind him either, but with us just contending now, I doubt we could fit him with the upcoming Petey, Hughes contracts.  But who knows...fun to think about lol.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Jeff Patterson says he still has it on his phone but who knows.   I do agree players who give real answers are better.  I think DD was just hot and maybe said more than he should have.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jason10009 said:

I think he was backpedaling from all the backlash.  He probably really thought we suck.

Maybe.  Sounded pretty honest though and logically it made sense.

Probably a bit of both lol.  There are two sides of the story, and the one in the middle is usually accurate.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Jeff Patterson says he still has it on his phone but who knows.   I do agree players who give real answers are better.  I think DD was just hot and maybe said more than he should have.

He was professionally embarrassed and got caught with a poor phrasing or choice of words.

I like that he said something and $&!# on the rival opposition. 

I like that he showed passion and a recklessness.

I know it was poor form, but I like the edge and his disregard for feelz, etc.

I don't want Bo to trash other teams really, but I hope he says things as real as possible. If he crosses the line, so be it. Good, even. This team needs some of that edge. I am enjoying everything they do this year and I bet it gets better and better. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Maybe.  Sounded pretty honest though and logically it made sense.

Probably a bit of both lol.  There are two sides of the story, and the one in the middle is usually accurate.

Yeah but they recorded what Doughty said. It’s actually been fun to see the Vancouver media guys essentially respond with “No, &^@# you. We have it on tape” today.