The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues @ Canucks Nov 5 2019 7pm SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

2 hours ago, Darius said:

Im excited about the Gaud as I am about guys like Petey, Brock, Hughes etc.

We are so lucky to have the other three that stepped in and made a huge impact right from the beginning.   Gaud, IMHO opinion, is gonna be a player who blossoms over a few seasons.  Look at how guys like Kesler and even the twins kept taking steps year after year....this kid has the work ethic and drive to succeed.

I think he has it in him to be a dirtbag on the ice that is an A-hole to play against.  I mean that in a good way, like Burrows was.

6 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think he has it in him to be a dirtbag on the ice that is an A-hole to play against.  I mean that in a good way, like Burrows was.

I sincerely hope he doesn't play that. Do I want someone who can get under another team's skin out there? Sure! Do I want them to lower themselves to being a dirtbag and asshole in the process? Nah. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, rychicken said:

Huggy Bear 43 sounds like a screenname on an online dating site... (I'm 49 so i can't use it haha)

Sure you can. I have never checked out the dating sites, but I am reasonably sure that the information provided about the prospects there is not all 100% accurate.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I sincerely hope he doesn't play that. Do I want someone who can get under another team's skin out there? Sure! Do I want them to lower themselves to being a dirtbag and asshole in the process? Nah. 

Well we’ve had a few to be sure.  Other enforcers lamented about Odjick being a dirty a-hole and of course just ask Sullivan how he feels about Burrows (and some others)....sometimes you need to be a dirtbag and an ASSH0LE to win game.  Just as Bobby Clark.  He was probably the most skilled dirtbag ever.  (Mods I used a zero instead of an O for the dirty word so it doesn’t count). 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Huggy Bear was cool, but that car. :wub:

The Gran Torino was pretty sweet.  I couldn't remember where it was supposed to be set, so I googled it, a fictional city in SoCal, "Bay City".

Edited by Cali Canuck
Typos

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

Sorry I was referring to HerrDrFunk post regarding in fantasy rankings.  I didn't want to quote the whole post, it was from an NHL website.

edit: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-hockey-top-50-defenseman-rankings-2019-20/c-282830728?tid=277729150

Edited by Cali Canuck
More Info

3 hours ago, tas said:

yeah, I was 5 years old and I know the details too. it's well chronicled. 

I was merely pointing out that if everyone who claimed to be at the game actually was, they would have had to play it in a South American soccer stadium. 

Are you always like this...ffs!!! Relax, there’s no reason to believe he was lying. Just because that may be the case, doesn’t mean you need to go around accusing people of that / being a a-hole!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

"Hughes is currently ranked #16. There's a lot of big names behind him."

EK65 is ranked #14, I have to ask what's that based on?  Most of the guys ahead of Hughes made sense but not EK65

Oh, that's easy. You see, his name is spelled and pronounced Erik Karlsson. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Edge_Case said:

Me and a work colleague were given tickets ( by a company supplier that had season tickets) to the game  - came down from Prince George on a company training course and found our way out to the old ‘Pacific Mausoleum’.

Had no idea the show we were in for - PB 10 - recall the first end to end rush like it was yesterday.  

yep I’m a ‘boomer, ok’? Lol.

Same - probably the very last year.  I still remember where I parked.  We had a "secret" spot where street parking sign was far enough away from the corner so you could just fit without getting a ticket.

• Upvote 1