The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keslers reign as the only Selke winner in franchise history about to end. But by who?

Rate this topic

apollo

Who Will win the Selke in 2020   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

He’s centring  the single most dominant line in hockey.  And that’s hard for me to say because I despise the Bruins 

# Name Pos GP G A Pts PIM +/- Birthdate Age Birthplace Hght Wght
88 David Pastrnak R 15 15 15 30 8 7 1996-05-25 23 Havirov, Czech Rep. 6.00 194
63 Brad Marchand L 15 10 18 28 28 13 1988-05-11 31 Halifax, NS 5.09 181
37 Patrice Bergeron C 15 7 9 16 6 9 1985-07-24 34 L'Ancienne Lorette, PQ 6.01 195

Lol... Jay Beagle could play center on that line and get similar production :P

He's got almost half the points of his wingers... Petey doesn't.

Petey carries his line while Bergy is getting half points they do. Petey will be in Hart voting and should win the Selke if pace holds.

Edited by apollo
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, apollo said:

I'm not comparing the 2018-2019 season... or the one before that or the one before that... I'm talking about 2019-2020

It's not hard to believe 34 year old bergeron is regressing.

Petey is playing far better than Bergeron and you can argue his wingers aren't as good as Pastrnak or Marchand. Bergeron probably has half the points this year if he played on another line.

Why are you watching the bruins play so much that you know Bergeron isn't as good as the sexy marchand?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, apollo said:
# Name Pos GP G A Pts PIM +/- Birthdate Age Birthplace Hght Wght
88 David Pastrnak R 15 15 15 30 8 7 1996-05-25 23 Havirov, Czech Rep. 6.00 194
63 Brad Marchand L 15 10 18 28 28 13 1988-05-11 31 Halifax, NS 5.09 181
37 Patrice Bergeron C 15 7 9 16 6 9 1985-07-24 34 L'Ancienne Lorette, PQ 6.01 195

Lol... Jay Beagle could play center on that line and get similar production :P

Then why did they continue to dominate even when Pasturnak was out with an injury last year 

18 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Then why did they continue to dominate even when Pasturnak was out with an injury last year 

That was last year though... Also Bergeron didn't even win the selke last year. Went to ROR (rightfully so) 

I'm not talking about who the best 2 way center man in the nhl was in 2017 or 2018

I'm specifically asking who you think wins the selke in 2020. 

I'm sorry but 34 year old Bergeron who has half the points of his line mates in 2019-20 is not selke worthy in 2020. Certainly not ahead of Pettersson who is carrying his line compared to Bergy 

Edited by apollo
  • Upvote 1

Let’s be real here, when I think of defensive forward on our team, Pettersson would be one of the last guy I think of. 

One; he barely takes any faceoffs, let alone defensive zone faceoffs.

Two; he doesn’t play in key defensive situations.

Three; he doesn’t match up against the opposing top offensive line.

If anyone on our team who has a chance of winning the Selke, its Sutter. That is if, he keeps up his production.

Edited by shiznak

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Bo will definitely win a Selke or two.  Petey will win the Hart, Conn Smyth, and Art Ross.  Miller will win a Conn Smyth.  Hughes wins a Conn Smyth, and several Norris.

Marky wins a Vesna or two.

Alf your enthusiasm is reaching Apollo like proportions.   Love it.  

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

Isn't it a little early to be this drunk?

Maybe he’s drunk on the Canucks - it does happen.  Apollo should be treated with respect - he’s a super-fan.  If your new to the site then yeah you get a bye - but if your not shame on you.   Same with Alf.    

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Bo will definitely win a Selke or two.  Petey will win the Hart, Conn Smyth, and Art Ross.  Miller will win a Conn Smyth.  Hughes wins a Conn Smyth, and several Norris.

Marky wins a Vesna or two.

You just play the lottery a lot :towel:

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

He’s centring  the single most dominant line in hockey.  And that’s hard for me to say because I despise the Bruins 

Apollo has a point though.  Bergeron is to the Selke as Lidstrom was to the Norris.  No real competition.   Once Pronger, Neidermayer, Chelios, Borque, Blake, Coffey, MacInnis aged out nobody was left except guys like Visnovky and Gonchar.  

Bergeron hasn’t had a lot of two-way guys to beat except for Kopitar and Kesler - and he’s the Morrison (a lot less skilled offensively) to Pastrnak (legitimate Art Ross contender - only 23!) and want to barf to say this, but future HHOFer Marchand - and Kesler has been done for years and Kopitar, well maybe he’s not so good after all.   PB also will absolutely will and should go to  the HHOF,  Guy Carbannoe set the bar low enough for Kesler to get consideration so he’s a lock for sure.   

If I had to guess ROR was a one off, and PB will get his record setting bizallion Selkes again this year, but the OP does have a point - EP is a great 200 foot player already, that line has some of the best metrics in the league and he will get some votes for sure.   Think he has a better chance of winning the Art Ross though, and just ask Crosby how many Selkes he’s won.    Guys that score that many points don’t get proper consideration.

Edited by IBatch

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

actually I think Elias is the closest to win it.  I doubt this season, but maybe. But some season in the future for sure.  He is already our best two way player.

How do people think he is going to win it? I seen numerous posters mention it but i don't see how.

2 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

How do people think he is going to win it? I seen numerous posters mention it but i don't see how.

:bigblush:

Have you ever won a Selke trophy before? Didn't think so. 

So you, even YOU don't know HOW to win a Selke trophy.