The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, ey40 said:

If that's the case I don't mind that combo, and make either Leivo or Virtanen as the third member of that line. In fact Leivo and Virtanen could be switched between this line and the Horvat-Pearson line. 

As the game went on Green went with 

Leivo Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Baertschi Gaudette Miller  

Baertschi and Gaudette stopped playing with 10 minutes to go.  Special teams and they were protecting the lead.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Much rather Miller on the first line.  I felt like even with the goal the Pettersson line wasn’t that good and they’re absolutely dominant when Miller is on that line.

I like Miller better too but I'll give Leivo credit for stepping up and playing well.  Not his fault Green plays him above his ability.

• Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They looked too good on defense 

Yeah, I dunno about that. I was pretty nervous when it was 6 on 5 with two minutes left to play and every Canuck was literally just standing there letting NSH get in position for the perfect shot. They need to be more aggressive like they were at the beginning of the season and attack the puck carrier. That's coaching. Whomever the D coach is is telling them to play that way, they're not doing it on their own.