The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What band from the classic rock era do you hate

SixtyMinuteMan

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Whoa can't you see

(I think @riffraff must have just glitched for a second there)

I'm seeing lots of bands mentioned that I wouldnt really qualify as classic rock, but whatever.

I hate the eagles.

Rush is an interesting band. They're all incredibly gifted musicians from a technical perspective, but damned if they could write a song that wasn't annoying as &^@#. Like once Geddy Lee opens his mouth the whole thing just takes a sharp nose dive from pretentiousness to tragedy.

Yeah but isn't living in the limelight the universal dream?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Alf gets it. @Ghostsof1915, like most people (and myself up until 2 years ago), I thought all they were was disco. The first 8 years of their career, they made music that was very like late Beatles music. And a lot of it is incredibly popular and recognizable, just nobody knows they were the ones who wrote them (ie: Turn of the Century, Holiday, World, To Love Somebody, Let there be Love, I Started a Joke, You’ll never see my face again, How Can you Mend a Broken Heart). It wasn’t until their 10 album in 1975, that they pivoted, reinvented themselves, and mastered another new form of music. Their pre-disco era music is outstanding.

—————

On another note. After 4 pages, how has NOBODY said The Doors? Utter garbage.

One of my favorite "under the radar" Bee Gees tunes....

.....one of the better three part harmonies you're likely to hear:

BTW: I agree on the Doors. (mostly) I think Ray Manzarek was brilliant. In fact, the only thing that I really disliked about the Doors was Morrison....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Bringing on the heartbreak 

@luckylager

i meant every damn word I said I hate kiss and leppard so much people know to troll me by playing them.

on Rush:  I get why people can’t stand Rush but I like them.  They’re just too talented.  Drumming is killer.  Guitar solos are epic.  The prog-tasting style is right in my music nerd wheelhouse.

ill fight anyone that hates on Tom Sawyer.

Edited by riffraff

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

@luckylager

i meant every damn word I said I hate kiss and leppard so much people know to troll me by playing them.

on Rush:  I get why people can’t stand Rush but I like them.  They’re just too talented.  Drumming is killer.  Guitar solos are epic.  The prog-tasting style is right in my music nerd wheelhouse.

ill fight anyone that hates on Tom Sawyer.

Or pretty much anything on Farewell to Kings.....

I wonder if there's another band in the world (let alone Canada) where you could make a credible argument for each member being the best at his instrument...

36 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Another similiar example is Genesis.  The Peter Gabriel era vs Phil Collins era.

I'm not THAT old so I'm not too familiar with the Gabriel Genesis stuff.  I wonder if fans of either are as divided as the Roth vs Hagar Van Halen fans.

the van halen  debate oh no  lol  the first 5 vh ablums are great  then Sammy comes along  , I wasnt too sure when the van hagar  era began  it was alright  , a few good songs  they were good in concerts  however nothing beats old vh  . David lee roth first solo tour made me go deaf my ears rang for 4 days after  the show  , so thanks to him I have to wear earplugs at shows . I saw they recreated van halen with roth  , well it sure wasn't the same vh  ill never pay again to see roth again  , I can see why eddy has had enough of him

• Upvote 1

Just now, the grinder said:

I thought it would been flash  woahhhhhhhh ooo flash woahhhhh ooo

Nah. Body Language was worse.

That being said, it's pretty silly to think that either of those tunes are representative of Queen's repertoire....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Or pretty much anything on Farewell to Kings.....

I wonder if there's another band in the world (let alone Canada) where you could make a credible argument for each member being the best at his instrument...

led zeppelin  orginal van halen  Metallica  tool 

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nah. Body Language was worse.

That being said, it's pretty silly to think that either of those tunes are representative of Queen's repertoire....

well its part of their repertoire  so it is fair game   they have some great songs and well  they have flash  too