The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Parking @ King George Station

Wolfyre

First and foremost if this is not in the correct forum I apologize in advance.

Me and a friend of mine will be driving from Washington state to catch the Buffalo Sabers game on December 7th.  After doing some research I felt taking the Expo line to Rogers Arena would be the best however I am not sure when/if parking around King George station fills up on a game day.  Has anyone done this or is there a better parking option?  

Thank you

I tried parking there late this summer and it was a construction zone mess.  We ended up driving to Surrey Central Station (it's not that much farther).  The next time we took the Skytrain, we just drove to Scott Road station.  King George used to have a huge parking lot but it looks like it's all going to be high rises now, and as far as we could tell there was just one parkade.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Wolfyre said:

First and foremost if this is not in the correct forum I apologize in advance.

Me and a friend of mine will be driving from Washington state to catch the Buffalo Sabers game on December 7th.  After doing some research I felt taking the Expo line to Rogers Arena would be the best however I am not sure when/if parking around King George station fills up on a game day.  Has anyone done this or is there a better parking option?  

Thank you

Do you live in WA state?   If you do, taking a bus or a train, and even a plane from Seattle is good.  

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I tried parking there late this summer and it was a construction zone mess.  We ended up driving to Surrey Central Station (it's not that much farther).  The next time we took the Skytrain, we just drove to Scott Road station.  King George used to have a huge parking lot but it looks like it's all going to be high rises now, and as far as we could tell there was just one parkade.

Yep, never had a problem parking at Scott Road - except the first time - did’t realize that the two ends of the platform are on opposite sides of a road and that there are two separated parking lots - thought I’d lost my mind when I couldn’t find my vehicle! 

41 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd recommend parking around Nanaimo skytrain station and walking a couple of blocks.  Free parking and way less traffic. 

Unfortunately, it’s a bit more difficult finding crack dealers if he goes that route.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh I have...poncho and lefties and the the ho zone. 

Never again. 

I thought you said you live in the Meth capital of Canada - Alberta..... ?   

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/five-canadian-cities-had-their-wastewater-tested-for-drugs-these-are-the-results-1.4566272

Edited by kingofsurrey

HI Wolfyre.  I'm not sure how helpful most of these posts have been for you, but what I can tell you is that, of the few Skytrain stations in Surrey, Scott Road does have by far the largest parking lot.  It's the one that a lot of commuters coming from the Fraser Valley will use to park in for the day when the take the Skytrain downtown. I haven't parked there on a Saturday, but I'm sure there would be lots of open spots on the weekend.

These posts have been very helpful for it gives me a few more options to look at not to mention a good laugh ("I imagine he doesn't want to get an std or get shot.").  Just checked out Scott Road and yes that does offer what I am looking for (park and ride). 

Thank you all for the replies and looking forward to a great game.  

P.S.  Is The Carve any good?

Edited by Wolfyre
Asking about The Carve