The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Maple Leafs @ Canucks - Dec 10, 2019 - 7pm Pacific - Live on SNET

Rate this topic

Jack in the box

I'd keep Randip Janda on the radio.  

What's up with the stupidest questions on these in between period interviews?  

"How important is it to be defensively responsible?"  

"Game is tied at 4-4, how important is the next goal?"  

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Like 189 said, we seem to be knocking it around the periphery quite a bit, while the Leafs offense has been able to get a bit deeper and has been a bit more precise with their chances. Markstrom has had to be pretty sharp. Our counterattack has been pretty solid, and we've looked good on the PP, but I'd like to see more zone time 5v5, especially in deep. 

A truly solid take that will be received with perhaps a tongue lashing and slap on the wrist. I was watching the same game as you and have the same concerns moving forward but this is not the place to be analytical. Must cheerlead! ( not that there weren’t things to cheerlead in that entertaining first period). 

I’m ready for the flame!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Like 189 said, we seem to be knocking it around the periphery quite a bit, while the Leafs offense has been able to get a bit deeper and has been a bit more precise with their chances. Markstrom has had to be pretty sharp. Our counterattack has been pretty solid, and we've looked good on the PP, but I'd like to see more zone time 5v5, especially in deep. 

Disagree 100% but whatever.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not sure - shots are 11-8 & shot attempts are 19 - 18 I think it was pretty even period and I'm calling it - Petey scores a quick PPG on the fresh ice.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They should also be compensated for the popularity it brings as well. 

You're implying that it wouldn't bring much revenue?  If so, I agree with you, that's how businesses are run.  I'm not suggesting that they should get some extra kick backs from the men's game, and I don't think they're asking for that either.  If it means that they're playing in 500 person arenas, then so be it. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd keep Randip Janda on the radio.  

What's up with the stupidest questions on these in between period interviews?  

"How important is it to be defensively responsible?"  

"Game is tied at 4-4, how important is the next goal?"  

Did you listen to the infinite wisdom of Jim Nill today? 

"The toughest decisions are the hardest" 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3