The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Scheer stepping down as Conservative Party leader/Which has morphed into the Gun Control thread

Mackcanuck

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah apparently it is, was doing a little digging, sounds like there are some interesting options for things like built-in location locks. So e.g., if you bring a rifle into city limits (outside of a range) the pin locks. Adds a fair whack of cost, but if the gov't is spending anyway why would you care? 

But I do agree, if all Trudeau does is ban AR15s (and not similar models) and not do anything on handguns then thats a waste. 

My issue isn't money. I believe that is FTG my issue is I don't want my guns taken away.

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Let me just say I'm not going to argue with a guy with lots of guns.

Whatever you say is fine by me Ryan Strome.

:P

You've got nothing to worry about....Strome is a responsible gun owner.

Of course, KoS might consider waiting a while before visiting Albertastan...:ph34r:

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

@Jimmy McGill @RUPERTKBD my biggest issue is in my opinion Canada DOESN'T have a gun problem we have a gang problem. 

I see it as preventative maintenance. Nip it in the bud, before it becomes an issue.

That being said, if certain weapons were only allowed at ranges, I'd see it as a win for everyone. (It might even open up business opportunities for range operators) Where else would you shoot something like that anyway?

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

My issue isn't money. I believe that is FTG my issue is I don't want my guns taken away.

I don't care about that troll or what he wants. I'm kind of surprised he isn't banned with the way he attacks people personally. 

I don't need your guns taken away either. All I want is a rational discussion on what we can do to ensure that if someone steals it, there's a chance it cant be used. And if that same tech makes it much harder for gangs to get guns via things like straw buyers. The rest will have to be up to better border security. 

56 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I see it as preventative maintenance. Nip it in the bud, before it becomes an issue.

That being said, if certain weapons were only allowed at ranges, I'd see it as a win for everyone. (It might even open up business opportunities for range operators) Where else would you shoot something like that anyway?

How about a intruder?

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't care about that troll or what he wants. I'm kind of surprised he isn't banned with the way he attacks people personally. 

I don't need your guns taken away either. All I want is a rational discussion on what we can do to ensure that if someone steals it, there's a chance it cant be used. And if that same tech makes it much harder for gangs to get guns via things like straw buyers. The rest will have to be up to better border security. 

I wasn't joking about how many guns I own, no one is stealing anything. I suppose if I'm at work it could happen. Is there any electronic technology to track that but doesn't have the government tracking me in the process?

Straight libertarian overhere but I'm sure you knew that.

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

How about a intruder?

Wouldn't you grab a shot gun for in close? or hand gun? this assumes that Rup was  only talking about assault rifles stored at the range.  I suppose a Carbine would be ok in the close quarters of a house? Then again, If the intruder is out side or if there are a lot of them, maybe the assault rifle is the way to go.... dunno, just thinkin'

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I wasn't joking about how many guns I own, no one is stealing anything. I suppose if I'm at work it could happen. Is there any electronic technology to track that but doesn't have the government tracking me in the process?

Have you seen that tech that recognises your thumb print or something, so only you can fire it? would that not solve this discussion quick? if all guns had to have that?

Question cause you know you guns...Whats you fav hang gun? I haven't shot many but I once got to shoot a Beretta, was very nice, metal, solid....made me a better shot.

I'm going to use my guns on an intruderrrrrrrr.

Except all data points to that gun being used on yourself or someone you know as the more likely outcome.

To use that gun, it needs to be easily accessible and in a fireable condition. 

The opposite of what responsible gun ownership requires. 

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wouldn't you grab a shot gun for in close? or hand gun? this assumes that Rup was  only talking about assault rifles stored at the range.  I suppose a Carbine would be ok in the close quarters of a house? Then again, If the intruder is out side or if there are a lot of them, maybe the assault rifle is the way to go.... dunno, just thinkin'

Have you seen that tech that recognises your thumb print or something, so only you can fire it? would that not solve this discussion quick? if all guns had to have that?

Question cause you know you guns...Whats you fav hang gun? I haven't shot many but I once got to shoot a Beretta, was very nice, metal, solid....made me a better shot.

I wasn't aware of that technology. I'm on board. 

I don't own any handguns. I have shot many and use to own two like 10 years ago. 

I still don't want to see any restrictions on guns.

Canada has a gang problem not a gun problem. That money is better spent on boarder control stopping illegal guns getting in criminals hands.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'm going to use my guns on an intruderrrrrrrr.

Except all data points to that gun being used on yourself or someone you know as the more likely outcome.

To use that gun, it needs to be easily accessible and in a fireable condition. 

The opposite of what responsible gun ownership requires. 

It seems to work just right against intruders in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Your statistics are junk..reality or a one time event doesn't care about your American stats.

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think quite a few weapons would be good buy-back candidates, or candidates for the rules I posted above.....but you have to start somewhere.....

Again with the "American" thing....:rolleyes: Maybe I can make myself clearer, I think the average Canadian citizen has no business owning anything but a hunting rifle, or a limited capacity handgun.

Maybe he has you confused as an Andrew Scheer supporter...

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

How about a intruder?

I know :lol: I'm also assuming you mean "straight libertarian" more than "straight" libertarian

I don't know about the tech much yet, just started looking at it. I'd assume that there doesn't have to be a gov't tracking piece to it. 

8 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Right back at ya.  More guns don't make you safer.  The data backs it up.  Your retort is fake news.

I have multiple in my home. Most are locked in the safe. But if you enter my house at 3am, I will shoot you. I do keep a pistol on the nightstand.  Guns make my home safer. I am not waiting twenty minutes for the police to get here, and hope and pray my family is safe. And if you are stupid enough to put yourself in a spot where you risk getting shot, maybe you will think twice.