The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Scheer stepping down as Conservative Party leader/Which has morphed into the Gun Control thread

Mackcanuck

1 hour ago, jmfaminoff said:

I have multiple in my home. Most are locked in the safe. But if you enter my house at 3am, I will shoot you. I do keep a pistol on the nightstand.  Guns make my home safer. I am not waiting twenty minutes for the police to get here, and hope and pray my family is safe. And if you are stupid enough to put yourself in a spot where you risk getting shot, maybe you will think twice.

My wife and I have a little old lady friend from outside San Antonio. She shocked the hell out of us when she told us she had a pistol in her night stand. We are talking 4' nothing and 100 pounds. When I asked her whether that was necessary she explained that her ranch was close to the Mexican border and that the B&E's were out of control. Many incidences of violence. SHe said she has handled guns all her life and knows how to use them. 

3 hours ago, jmfaminoff said:

I have multiple in my home. Most are locked in the safe. But if you enter my house at 3am, I will shoot you. I do keep a pistol on the nightstand.  Guns make my home safer. I am not waiting twenty minutes for the police to get here, and hope and pray my family is safe. And if you are stupid enough to put yourself in a spot where you risk getting shot, maybe you will think twice.

Feel sad for this fear and the consequences of it. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, inane said:

Feel sad for this fear and the consequences of it. 

three outcomes in order of likely hood.

Gun never gets used,

Gun is used to "accidently"kill loved one

Gun is used in self defense, effectively.

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

It seems to work just right against intruders in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Your statistics are junk..reality or a one time event doesn't care about your American stats.

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I never said fake news.

You never said "fake news", but but you did call it junk because reasons.  The bold is essentially a "fake news" retort. It is ignoring the data cause you dont like it.  

18 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'd be okay with a law that states all such weapons must be stored at licensed shooting ranges and are not allowed off the grounds. I'd be all for allowing people to keep such weapons, were such a law in place.

I quite like this solution as well. I wonder if handguns should be considered for this type of treatment as well given their large role in gang issues?

17 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Jimmy McGill @RUPERTKBD my biggest issue is in my opinion Canada DOESN'T have a gun problem we have a gang problem. 

Decriminalize all drugs and legalize prostitution. Would go a long way to reducing their ability to profit/exist. Better border security for those guns would help as well.

16 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Is there any electronic technology to track that but doesn't have the government tracking me in the process?

Straight libertarian overhere but I'm sure you knew that.

The electronic tech idea is interesting but I'd be wary of possible issues. Criminals will figure out how to hack and/or defeat it. It's inevitable. So you've now just added a bunch of bothersome expense for...? Hell I could see them figuring out a way to hack them so it looks like 'you're' fingerprint was used at the time of a murder...now we have innocent people getting arrested and having to prove their innocence...:wacko: 

I also don't care for the possibility of lawful owners being tracked by government (or anyone else) as you note. Though should a gun be stolen (or 'straw bought'), it sure would be nice to track it's whereabouts...

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

You never said "fake news", but but you did call it junk because reasons.  The bold is essentially a "fake news" retort. It is ignoring the data cause you dont like it.  

I called it junk because statistics mean nothing when the event happens. Also I know you're an American sympathizer but feel free to give Canadian stats. You know the country you live in..

16 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I called it junk because statistics mean nothing when the event happens. Also I know you're an American sympathizer but feel free to give Canadian stats. You know the country you live in..

Just because I comment a lot in the TRUMP thread does not make me an American sympathizer.  Seems like someone messed with your corn flakes again.

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Can you show me Canadian stats? I have asked about 4 times now.

You got me curious too. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/canada-gun-facts-crime-accidental-shootings-suicides-1.4803378

Gun thefts are up nationwide. Gun crime is down in some cities. Most gunshot victims aren't shot by criminals

Really don't like the stats on Theft.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You got me curious too. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/canada-gun-facts-crime-accidental-shootings-suicides-1.4803378

Gun thefts are up nationwide. Gun crime is down in some cities. Most gunshot victims aren't shot by criminals

Really don't like the stats on Theft.

Oh no.  The article is from CBC, so some of our commenters will poo poo it.  CBC is too biased for them.  Those alphas can't handle getting factual information from the CBC.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jmfaminoff said:

And this is where "responsible gun owner" dies.  Also where many stolen guns come from.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Oh no.  The article is from CBC, so some of our commenters will poo poo it.  CBC is too biased for them.  Those alphas can't handle getting factual information from the CBC.

I can't keep up with who and what I am permitted to listen to anymore.

I mentioned in a previous post... I would like to see this tech continued to be developed.

https://smarttechfoundation.org/smart-firearms-technology/fingerprint-guns/

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

We need tech like the aliens had in district 9. The gun won't fire unless it recognizes your DNA.

Of course this type of tech will take some time, so in the interim they might have to come up with something simpler for Albertans....maybe some sort of breathalyzer that won't allow firing unless it detects a certain level of chaw, or Colt 45....B)

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Ole Scheer has some explaining to do.   Why those expenses increased so much there guy?

Global news article link

Top Tories probing over $900K in Scheer office expenses

but.... he's a good god fearing man, this isn't possible. 

Can't walk in a pride parade but heck using taxpayer money to secretly fund his kids education is cool. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

CBC has been proven not to be a legitimate source many times over.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

It's funny because only You said that. I guess you argue so much you will make stuff up just so you have a reason to post your nonsense 

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I can't keep up with who and what I am permitted to listen to anymore.

I mentioned in a previous post... I would like to see this tech continued to be developed.

https://smarttechfoundation.org/smart-firearms-technology/fingerprint-guns/

You are good.

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Ole Scheer has some explaining to do.   Why those expenses increased so much there guy?

Global news article link

Top Tories probing over $900K in Scheer office expenses

It's funny I have never seen you once say JT has explaining to do...

• Cheers 1