The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Dec. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The Green hate is really shining through right now.

I think @PhillipBlunt and I were right last season, Baumer is the problem. His structure is totally &^@#ed.

Sure, some of that may rest on Green for allowing it to be implemented, but Baumer's gotta be the first to go. 

Manny could fill in admirably interm. Some might say "Manny never played D in the NHL", but in reality, Baumer didn't really either. The guy defined NHL plug.

Also, Manny was a gifted defensive forward. He might actually encourage the D to not play like a bunch of plugs (Hughes aside) and actually try to make something happen, instead of waiting for $&!# to happen.

Someone needs to look into this cause this makes too much sense - JB happy donut hole GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I think @PhillipBlunt and I were right last season, Baumer is the problem. His structure is totally &^@#ed.

Sure, some of that may rest on Green for allowing it to be implemented, but Baumer's gotta be the first to go. 

Manny could fill in admirably interm. Some might say "Manny never played D in the NHL", but in reality, Baumer didn't really either. The guy defined NHL plug.

Also, Manny was a gifted defensive forward. He might actually encourage the D to not play like a bunch of plugs (Hughes aside) and actually try to make something happen, instead of waiting for $&!# to happen.

Damn it man, that's just logical enough to be an answer!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Could be, I don't follow the Sharks close enough to definitively say. But even the playoffs last season they were being out coached by Gallant and only went as far as they did because of a fluke blown call and a massive defensive collapse. 

Ditto, I watched that series as well.  Vegas was a threat and I taught they were going to the finals again....

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

When you spend to the cap and have a young franchise center and D-man your expectations should be to make the playoffs.

Not to mention that’s the expectations that management sold to us. 

So to say it’s unrealistic to be a playoff team is  speaking in hindsight. On paper there no reason why this team shouldn’t be able to get into a wildcard spot.

We're a bubble team we were at the start of the year and we are now. Nothing more nothing less. Ideally making the playoffs is the goal and if Green can't turn this around the options should be looked at AFTER this season. 

This is his first year with an actual legitimate playoff threat team. So let's see what we have in ALL aspects of our team coaching staff included. Patience. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Totally agree with you, @luckylager. Bumgardner is trash. He’s not of the caliber that this team needs to get to the next level. Time for Green to say goodbye to him and Brown. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, but they do result in needless whining in the gdt and pgt... 

Have you been to any other NHL team's forums? I can't think of anyone of them that do not have high expectations of their team. It just comes with being a fan. I'm sure our players expected to have a better performance tonight so I think the fans should be allowed to also expect that, no?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Cant teach experience. 

We're a banged up, young team... this has very little to do with coaching in my opinion

We have a nice blend of veterans with youth, do the math on how young we actually are.

Our new core is young but we have 14 players over 25 years of age....

Edited by 6string
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

We're a bubble team we were at the start of the year and we are now. Nothing more nothing less. Ideally making the playoffs is the goal and if Green can't turn this around the options should be looked at AFTER this season. 

This is his first year with an actual legitimate playoff threat team. So let's see what we have in ALL aspects of our team coaching staff included. Patience. 

I'm on Green's side. 

I like the guy and think he's really trying to do the best he can for his players.

Which is why he needs to fire Baumer and shake his fist at Newell real damn hard.

Like creamy mashed potato shake.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Seeing this video shows there is something very wrong... players not buying into the system, not playing for each other or not playing as a group... or just plain outright bad chemistry among the players. Something needs to change fairly quickly.

Well, I will put it this way.....if Benning seen that, he would want to know if Myers was gassed, or just did not care...…..

Then he would want to know why there wasn't a winger there

Then he would want to get to team chemistry 

I would bet by now, JB and FA are aware of the coaching issues, and have discussed any concerns, if they actually think there is any?????:sadno:

1 minute ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Have you been to any other NHL team's forums? I can't think of anyone of them that do not have high expectations of their team. It just comes with being a fan. I'm sure our players expected to have a better performance tonight so I think the fans should be allowed to also expect that, no?

Of course, but the fire Green every 7th post from the same 4 posters is tiring at best. You can be critical without being a broken record... 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’m all for patience but you’re acting like this is a knee jerk reaction. When in fact this poor play and execution has been going on for half the season.

At what point does Green no longer get a free pass? Coaches around the league have managed to coach winning rosters with less than Green has been given. No more excuses.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I’m all for patience but you’re acting like this is a knee jerk reaction. When in fact this poor play and execution has been going on for half the season.

At what point does Green no longer get a free pass? Coaches around the league have managed to coach winning rosters with less than Green has been given. No more excuses.

He hasn't got to fire his asstistants yet.

Give him that at least.

I doubt the Canucks are gonna fire green within the next 2 weeks but something needs to be done.  Tonight Vegas honestly made us look like a non playoff team.  You could just see the difference between the two teams.  Benning has to make a trade or something to shake things up.

my expectations changed for this team after we traded our first pick and that was to make the playoffs 

Edited by Ryan Nugent Hopkins

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

We have a nice blend of veterans with youth, do the math on how young we actually are.

Our new core is young but we have 14 players over 25 years of age....

Not to mention some very solid two way players in Horvat, Miller, Sutter, Beagle, Roussel, and Motte. 

Yet we’re still getting dominated in possession consistently. 

The system is not working plain and simple. The personnel is good enough to grind out tight games, yet we’ve done very little of that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Green doesn't get a free pass nowhere have I said he “gets a free pass” he's on the hook for his poor calls too, waiting too long for a timeout in Pittsburgh, not starting DiPietro after 2 tonight. 

I also don't agree he needs to be or has done anything so egregious that we need to rush to fire him either though.

Again, this is the first year we have a legitmate playoff threat team let's see if Green can see it through.

If not we get a great draft pick in a deep draft and can evaluate our coaching options in the off season. No need to panic. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ditto, perhaps hire better assistance - FIRE THE ASSISTANCE COACHES !!!

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Of course, but the fire Green every 7th post from the same 4 posters is tiring at best. You can be critical without being a broken record... 

Seems like you’d like to ignore the issues going on and pretend like everything is all roses.

The fans complaining about coaching are not wrong. Saying we’re whining doesn’t make our concerns less valid.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Seems like you’d like to ignore the issues going on and pretend like everything is all roses.

The fans complaining about coaching are not wrong. Saying we’re whining doesn’t make our concerns less valid.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Green doesn't get a free pass nowhere have I said he “gets a free pass” he's on the hook for his poor calls too, waiting too long for a timeout in Pittsburgh, not starting DiPietro after 2 tonight. 

I also don't agree he needs to be or has done anything so egregious that we need to rush to fire him either though.

Again, this is the first year we have a legitmate playoff threat team let's see if Green can see it through.

If not we get a great draft pick in a deep draft and can evaluate our coaching options in the off season. No need to panic. 

Wrong again