The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Dec. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He was also getting out coached in a lot of games I watched. The Sharks look much better under Boughner thus far.  I don't see DeBoer as anything but a band aid head coach at best for us. 

The league has made some adjustments and he was not able to do enough; perhaps the players also wanted a new coach ?

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The league has made some adjustments and he was not able to do enough; perhaps the players also wanted a new coach ?

Could be, I don't follow the Sharks close enough to definitively say. But even the playoffs last season they were being out coached by Gallant and only went as far as they did because of a fluke blown call and a massive defensive collapse. 

20 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

This play is inexcusable from any nhl player let alone a six million dollar guy who has gotten line six points in half a season and he’s less goals then giddy and Hutton who play for la and Anaheim and mike five or six total sssists 

watch our six million dman this play is all over Twitter and it’s disgusting, thanks Benning 

https://twitter.com/BoestMode/status/1206415165312290816

http://BoestMode (@BoestMode) Tweeted: Everyone watch Tyler Myers (57), a defenceman, at the bottom of this frame.......no words #Canucks https://t.co/2svFCuHZkE

Edit- how do I share a video from twitter to this thread where you don’t have to click the link? (I’m on my iPhone)

I was livid when I saw that play on my TV.

Instantly thought of you and your awareness campaign on here, and all there rap you take for it, despite having a growing body of work to support your points. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s not necessarily my top choice. I’m sure there’s other coaches out there I haven’t even thought of.

I just want a different voice for this team. A patient coach that preaches X’s and O’s and gets the most out of his players.

Coaching isn't the problem imo. Unrealistic fan expectations is. 

13 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Ok, 2 things

#1...……….where is the forward that is suppose to be covering for him?

#2...……….That Psses me off seeing that.

Seeing this video shows there is something very wrong... players not buying into the system, not playing for each other or not playing as a group... or just plain outright bad chemistry among the players. Something needs to change fairly quickly.

19 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

This play is inexcusable from any nhl player let alone a six million dollar guy

He did something similar with the net empty near the end of the game. The puck was about six feet in front of him and instead of going after it he conceded it to the VGK player and fell back to play goal.

It isn't just Myers playing like that though. I've noticed similar behavior from many Canucks during the last few games. They'll  just stand there and wait for someone else to go after it even though they're closer, or they'll just surrender it to the opposing player uncontested.  That's not how you win hockey games. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, naslund.is.king said:

Cant teach experience. 

We're a banged up, young team... this has very little to do with coaching in my opinion

D structure is &^@#ed NIK.

Go rewatch the last handful of games and tell me why the Canucks continually collapse into a passive box (pk style structure) at 5 on 5, fail to pressure the puck and give the puck carrier multiple passing options. If that's not a coaching issue, I guess I really have no idea what coaches do.

That is the D system at work, and it's a damn travesty.

• Upvote 1