The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom is going to the ASG

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

2 minutes ago, tas said:

excellent point. 

as a sidenote, how about eagle? back to back seasons at a 50+ point pace in his mid-30s. the guy is a champion. we haven't given him the respect he deserves over the last 12 years or so. 

and when was the last time the canucks had 2 defencemen scoring at a 50+ point pace halfway through a season?

Edler has been awesome this season. We don’t respect our Edler enough among the fan base here!

6 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Edler has been awesome this season. We don’t respect our Edler enough among the fan base here!

Great point! He’s an absolute warrior, much like Salo was in the early part of the decade. 

41 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I disagree. He had a great start, an absolutely horrendous middle and he's been average lately. His beginning of the season start was all-star worthy but definitely not after the first 12 or so games. 

18 hours ago, Slegr said:

While there is no question that Markstrom deserves the honour, I was secretly hoping he wouldn't go. Goalies are the most likely to get injured in the ASG, as it's all flash-and-dash, no defense, and easy to pull a groin with all the crazy moves that players make out there. Plus, goalies are pretty much a goat that whole weekend. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that he stays healthy through it all.

Goalies make no effort to stop anything, am I the only one that actually watches the ASG? We as fans worry way too much about every little thing. He'll be okay, he is just as likely to get hurt taking a shower as he is at the ASG. Just be happy for a while. It's okay.

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

Because of our fanbase and media.

Luongo was a good example of this.

Actually after McLean and to Luongo. And the exception of Cloutier, the Canucks went through a series of goaltenders that never panned out. 

Hence the "goalie graveyard". 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tas said:

excellent point. 

as a sidenote, how about eagle? back to back seasons at a 50+ point pace in his mid-30s. the guy is a champion. we haven't given him the respect he deserves over the last 12 years or so. 

and when was the last time the canucks had 2 defencemen scoring at a 50+ point pace halfway through a season?

I'm just guessing but I'd probably have to go back to something like Lumme and Brown.