The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. Russia | Gold Medal Game | Jan. 05, 2020 | 10:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, shiznak said:

If the Canucks (or whichever team you cheer for) won the Stanley Cup the exact same way.

No one would blink an eye.

Heh, some of us would be like:  "This evens it out for the kicked in goal of '89, Messier's absolute mugging in '94, Marchand speeding bagging and Rome in '11 and all the baffling Edler suspensionz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Just now, Jaimito said:

Interference by outside object. 

I suspect there are no rules on that. Unlike baseball where if a ball hits a foul post, wall etc.  If there was a netting there, sure it is out. Camera, no rule for that. Lol. 

I think this has to be it. IIRC, they had originally called a penalty, but overturned it. It pretty much has to be because of a specific rule....

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Can't see very many dropping to the middle/late 2nd round. But can dream.

We lose 1 first rounder... probably next year?

But we still have this year's though?  Canada always has a couple of fast forwards and 2 or 3 first class D, wish we could find a way to get one. Hofer was good too, but not necessarily in the market for a goalie right now.  We got Woo a while back... that's something I guess.

21 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I agree with this. 

Now what about the remarks you made about Hunter as a coach? 

I am not a fan and I certainly hope it was not Hunter that encouraged the diving and embellishment 

that said, it was nice to see his reaction after the game and what this meant to him 

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Bob on TSN just said there is a IIHF rule that puck hitting a scoreboard, roof or structures outside of rink is not a penalty.

Nice to have an explanation, but, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, I agree with O'Neill it probably should have been overruled.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2