The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Wild Jan 12, 2020 - 1pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

19 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

If Kassian didn’t respond Tkachuck would’ve kept trying to hit him with malicious intent that could’ve easily led to a concussion . I am actually surprised Kassian didn’t have leave the game for protocol.

Does the league have any suggestions on how to politely stop a guy from repeatedly trying to knock you out of the game ?

Right?!

They just wait until the dirty players hurt others

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But we had a chance to take Tkachuk at #5 and passed on him for Juolevi.  What was Benning thinking??

That he wanted a good dman and not a punk haha. I never liked is dad either so I was happy they passed on him. I just hope Joulevi works out within the next year or 2. Rooting for the guy big time. 

• Cheers 1

KASSIAN you are the man. Damn bro what a showing. Tkachuk is basically another Marchand. Who cares if he costed his team the game, you gotta do what you gotta do to stick up for yourself. I hate when people say this is not dirty. Technically or what? The difference between a clean or dirty hit is so small that it could be by chance sometimes. The hit was malicious and with intent. Kass did the right thing for himself, I think the refs mismanaged the situation. Should’ve called charging on tkachuk to off set the penalty.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

KASSIAN you are the man. Damn bro what a showing. Tkachuk is basically another Marchand. Who cares if he costed his team the game, you gotta do what you gotta do to stick up for yourself. I hate when people say this is not dirty. Technically or what? The difference between a clean or dirty hit is so small that it could be by chance sometimes. The hit was malicious and with intent. Kass did the right thing for himself, I think the refs mismanaged the situation. Should’ve called charging on tkachuk to off set the penalty.

Thing is the "not dirty" can only be used so many times before people learn someone is .... dirty.  A one off?  Sure.  Every damn game?  No. That puts players at risk.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But we had a chance to take Tkachuk at #5 and passed on him for Juolevi.  What was Benning thinking??

We had 0 D prospects, but MT sure would look good in a Canuck uniform....all of CDC would love what he brings and not have the hate they do now solely because he plays on the Lames

13 minutes ago, Wanless said:

The hit was charging and dangerous. I'm sure no one on the oilers were upset Kassian took the penalty.

Dangerous players like Tkatchuk need to go.

Catchhook targeted Kassian’s head. He knew Kassian was bent over and the brunt of the hit targeted the head. By the letter of the law it was a legal hit but everyone knew what his intention was 

he knew Kassian has a bit of a short fuse so frankly props to him for helping his team but when you do that the code is you need to answer the call ....he didn’t ...that makes him a little b!t@h

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I would take that kassian response resulting in a loss than the odd power play goal every time.

You need that toughness in the post season. Tkachuk is Marchand lite.

Do some of you not remember 2011? We would have won the cup if we were able to match Bostons tenacity. WHATEVER it takes to win, even if its dirty.

Blood on the ice equals cups. I know the league is going in a diff direction but it's still a contact sport and a pussy mentality will get you nowhere.

I miss Zack Kassian

This. Miss Zack big time. At least this version of Kassian. Double whammy as Ferland could be every bit as effective but......get healthy Ferland.

Edited by rekker
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Here’s the entire article if anyone would like to read it.....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/boesers-dad-gets-watch-son-person-canucks-star-comes-home/

Wow.  That really hit home for me.

“It’s kind of the cognitive part, he’s not back to where he was. And he can have some mood changes that we didn’t see before. It seems to be aligned with fatigue, we’re figuring out, where he can become agitated. He didn’t have that personality before. Sometimes it’s hit and miss depending on the day. Some days he’s sharp, and sometimes he’s a little more scrambled. We’re just thankful he’s with us.”

I feel these words on so many levels...in hindsight, with my Mom.  Before she was properly diagnosed...there's a lot of heartache related to her missed diagnosis (of allergies)...as I was sometimes tough on her when I thought she was just being disagreeable.  Not knowing that her confusion (she expressed it once..."I don't feel right") and agitation was due to her cancer.

He went 15 minutes in heart stoppage?  My good Lord, how absolutely devastating that must have been.  What a fighter he is.

Brock is such a mature, lovely young man.  Clearly, his great family has impacted him fully and he's so full of integrity and goodness as a result.  We're lucky to have this kid.

Hope he has a great game but, regardless, how great that Dad will be there.

Thanks for sharing, Lois.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

If Kassian didn’t respond Tkachuck would’ve kept trying to hit him with malicious intent that could’ve easily led to a concussion . I am actually surprised Kassian didn’t have leave the game for protocol.

Does the league have any suggestions on how to politely stop a guy from repeatedly trying to knock you out of the game ?

100% clean checks, both of them.  I get why Kass snapped, but when the race is as tight as it is, that play could end up costing the season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

These clips beg the questions in relation to the debate over our Nucks...

Would you rather have someone like Kassian respond like that after a big hit?

OR

Would you rather take the powerplay, win the game, and be in first place?

Aside from this, I fully expect our boys to be flying this game onto a huge victory. Let's win this one for Duke!

• Cheers 1