The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Wild Jan 12, 2020 - 1pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

15 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Kassian really set his team back. It was tied at the time and then Calgary scored on their 4 minute powerplay to take the lead for good. 

Should've been a 5 minute major on Kass. This is allowing Tkachuk to be effective. This is why I said earlier that Kassian's nuclear deterrent is himself.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Should've been a 5 minute major on Kass. This is allowing Tkachuk to be effective. This is why I said earlier that Kassian's nuclear deterrent is himself.

So the Passive 2011 Canucks is what CDC wants to see...dont stand up for yourself your star players will end up getting targeted and eventually injured. The scoring on the PP excuse is piss poor. 

Canucks lost the Cup playing that way, sure hope we don't do the same next time we make the playoffs. Stand up for yourself, your men protect yourself and your teammates. Man the F up imo dont be a coward and say oh we will get you back on the PP

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

I want, at a minimum, to see the Canucks win the 2nd period. They have now gone 18 consecutive games without outscoring the opposition in the 2nd period while being outscored 27-9 over that time. I find that to be an amazing statistic. Anyone care to offer up a reason for this anomaly?

My theory would be in game adjustments from the other team. 

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't have an issue with the hits or big Kass' response.  Clean, hard hits and fun to watch it all unfold.  I love Kass, so it was too bad he cost his team there.

What’s costing the team is mgmts ineptitude.  A one line team will win nothing.

42 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

He stood up for himself, would have done the same thing. If you let players do that without any retaliation....well CDC knows all to well what the outcome looks like!

Props to Kassian for doing that, he would have jumped him if that hit was on his teammate too. Tkachuk made a clean hit, it was targeted tho and he knew that Kassian wasn't going to see the hit coming. It is dirty to make a play like that so the reaction was over the top but it set the tone that it won't be tolerated. Baby Tkachuk needs to man up if a guy is unhappy about being hit he may have to drop the gloves with a bigger, tougher opponent. Turtling like the Rat makes you look like a coward imo

Imo the turtle was so bad he MT could have got himself hurt.  At some point you at least have to but your hands up and defend yourself.  Turning your back, going limp with your hands down is potential brain damage.

1 hour ago, Biasbieksa said:

Watching from Germany! (Puck drop 10 pm here)

Would be nice to see the team play a solid defensive game. Seems like that is the single biggest negative in every game over the last 10. Not only in the losses,

but also in the wins, they often looked loose.

They stand still in their own end . Its frustrating to watch. 

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

He stood up for himself, would have done the same thing. If you let players do that without any retaliation....well CDC knows all to well what the outcome looks like!

Props to Kassian for doing that, he would have jumped him if that hit was on his teammate too. Tkachuk made a clean hit, it was targeted tho and he knew that Kassian wasn't going to see the hit coming. It is dirty to make a play like that so the reaction was over the top but it set the tone that it won't be tolerated. Baby Tkachuk needs to man up if a guy is unhappy about being hit he may have to drop the gloves with a bigger, tougher opponent. Turtling like the Rat makes you look like a coward imo

Players do that because they know that Kassian will lose his $&!# and be penalized.  As long as he continues to retaliate at big hits, other players will continue to do it.

Edler did the same in the Canuck game.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

That's going to result in a lengthy suspension for Kass.

I don't see a suspension (I sure hope not)

It was a clean hit ( who wouldn't want more Canucks hitting)

Love Kassian throwing him around and using him as a rag doll, I doubt Tzachuk saw a thing, it happened so fast

It was a fighting penalty 

Flames won

Case closed imo

If Kassian didn’t respond Tkachuck would’ve kept trying to hit him with malicious intent that could’ve easily led to a concussion . I am actually surprised Kassian didn’t have leave the game for protocol.

Does the league have any suggestions on how to politely stop a guy from repeatedly trying to knock you out of the game ?

• Thanks 1