The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mathieu Perreault comments on Virtanen (interviewed in a salt mine)

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

the follow through after the hit when his elbow goes up, is what they must be looking at.

And that happens a lot. The hit was soft. He didn't come in with any speed at all and smaller guy just bounced off of him. This would be 100% forgotten if it weren't for that dip$&!# yapping about Mcsorleying dudes with his stick. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

A minor penalty at the very most. Nowhere close to fineable.

Im glad the league isn’t overreacting to every little hit. The league has gotten way too soft as it is.

@DeNiro  what's up with confused emoji

Nothing to say so post confused emoji?

Lol

You're definetly confused thinking that was a little hit

• Wat 2

33 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

And that happens a lot. The hit was soft. He didn't come in with any speed at all and smaller guy just bounced off of him. This would be 100% forgotten if it weren't for that dip$&!# yapping about Mcsorleying dudes with his stick. 

Facts. This play happens with Myers a lot, don’t see those guys complaining about it.

1 hour ago, JoshuaGuy said:

No elbow. He raised it after. 

20200116_164836-COLLAGE.jpg

I can show you a pic of Marty McSorley  with his stick down on the ice. 

does that mean he never swung it and hit Brashear in the head?

There's also pic of Matheson just skating... does that mean Pettersson  didn't get slammed on his head...

How will you feel if Dustin Byfuglien comes back and does that to Quinn Hughes. 

That's a dirty play..  anyone wtho's been on ice knows..  

• Wat 2

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

5'10 190 lbs.

Yet he plays much smaller. It’s just an overreaction, getting carried away. Petey does that all the time as well, braces the hit. A lot of players in the league do that. This is nothing new.

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

There's also pic of Matheson just skating... does that mean Pettersson  didn't get slammed on his head...

I showed pictures of immediately before and initial contact. I'm &^@#ing baffled that people are ignoring their eyes and calling this an elbow. Sheep I tell you. You hear elbow and all start screaming elbow. IT WAS NOT AN ELBOW. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Are you serious? do you know what it means by incidental? McSorley swinging of his stick was not incidental. Matheson hitting Petey initially was clean but then he added another part to that hit and threw petey down (it became two hits, one clean and one not clean). And to be honest, two men (skating towards each other) and colliding, there is definitely going to be some bounce off each other (which causes the elbows to be incidentally lifted up).

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

Are you serious? do you know what it means by incidental? McSorley swinging of his stick was not incidental. Matheson hitting Petey initially was clean but then he added another part to that hit and threw petey down (it became two hits, one clean and one not clean). And to be honest, two men (skating towards each other) and colliding, there is definitely going to be some bounce off each other (which causes the elbows to be incidentally lifted up).

Other way around this forum would lose its collective mind..

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Other way around this forum would lose its collective mind..

Now that I do agree with you. All fans would be over reacting. But what MP did was kind of stupid. You don't cry over it. You suck it up and hit Virt/whoever next game or try to fit Virt/whoever and make Virt/whoever look bad. No point in telling the press. And if he is going to go Mcsorley, at least don't say it before you do it. Stupid.

8 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

Now that I do agree with you. All fans would be over reacting. But what MP did was kind of stupid. You don't cry over it. You suck it up and hit Virt/whoever next game or try to fit Virt/whoever and make Virt/whoever look bad. No point in telling the press. And if he is going to go Mcsorley, at least don't say it before you do it. Stupid.

100% agreed. These were my exact thoughts when I heard Perrault's  comments.. bad move on his part..  

Don't cry about it..definitely didn't come across well... Blake Wheeler needs to have a talk

with him.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

5'10 190 lbs.

vs 6 foot 1    I guess 3 inches means Jake is a giant  out there , I mean MP does sound like he does have small mans syndrome because he did bring up his height and weight in his rant . . I am not sure what height has to do with the hit , its not  like Chara  hit him.  Sure it could of been a 2 minute minor for interference  ,  but it definitely wasn't major  and plays like that happen all the time  with no calls in hockey.