The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mathieu Perreault comments on Virtanen (interviewed in a salt mine)

Rate this topic

-SN-

11 hours ago, Pears said:

Considering Parros pulled the same stuff the NHL wants to try and eliminate that was wishful thinking on your part. 

Parros wasn't considered dirty back when he played.  He did abide by the code.  

Perreault didn’t get any discipline for taking out Hansen with a knee-on-knee back in 2016. Quickly moving up my disliked players list. It’s one thing to complain about unfair officiating. It’s one thing to be a dirty player. But doing both is just insufferable. Crybaby.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

17 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So will Colin Campbell get involved here? I seem to remember that loathsome turd showing up in Vancouver after Gudbranson stated that Matt Martin was dead, and lecturing the team on retribution pre-game.

Guddy's comments weren't directly to a reporter at all, merely overheard by Dan Murphy who proceeded to air it on Twitter, like an idiot.

Seeing as how Perreault was speaking to a reporter directly, therefore effectively quoting him, and stated that he intends on using his stick to exact retribution, this should involve, at the very least, the same level of involvement by league brass, if not more.

Personally, silence from the league, is a direct indicator that the Canucks are under a different set of standards and rules than other teams in the league.

This is uttering threats of a deadly weapon to cause personal harm.

That's a crime and he said it in the press, there's video proof and he should be charged with a crime.

If you were to say that to a coworker, guess what happens? Fuzz shows up. You get arrested and charged, loose your job, suffer financially, likely goto jail etc.

If anyone, especially myself said something even remotely similar to what perrault said TempletonPeck will come down and ban you and leave a mark on your record.

How is that moral or even legal?  It's not.

17 hours ago, xereau said:

Was a crappy play by Jake. He should have been fined, at the least.

Player safety, my ass, indeed.

It's pretty sad players have to go behind the league to sh*t talk it.

And he will be the one getting fined, most likely.

Pathetic bush mafia league.

Dude, the hell are you trippin" on?

Jake is a fair sized player, perrrault not so much.

If Jake's intent was to elbow him the result would me much, much worse.

See Duncan Keith's elbow on Danny Sedin.

An intentional elbow to the chin like that and perrault would have been knocked out.

Add in that mini tanev lookalike skated in to jake and jake was turning away slightly theres no ground to stand on, maybe get a stool?

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Dirty play by Virtanen ... 

What if a 6'1 225lbs player elbows EP40 like that ..or Quinn Hughes or Stecher... Perrault is a small guy ..

Virtanen doesn't fight but he better be ready soon.... he's going to have to answer for that...

Not just vs WPG . Players around the league know that was dirty.  

That's not a dirty play, aren't you one of the voices advocating the Canucks acquire perrault?

Dont hide fan boyism with intent to injury, it was not.

Show me one player in the league not on the jets or canucks that came out and said thats a dirty hit. Or an elbow. Or a penalty or a fine or a suspension.

If that's the case you need to write the DOPs demanding nichuskin be suspended from that elbow he gave to jake a few years ago.

NICHUSKIN clearly elbowed virtanen, maybe unintentionally but are you crucifying nichuskin for a similar play?

11 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I can show you a pic of Marty McSorley  with his stick down on the ice. 

does that mean he never swung it and hit Brashear in the head?

There's also pic of Matheson just skating... does that mean Pettersson  didn't get slammed on his head...

How will you feel if Dustin Byfuglien comes back and does that to Quinn Hughes. 

That's a dirty play..  anyone wtho's been on ice knows..  

I"d like to pull your stats card of on ice hockey experience.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The "Please suspend Jake" crowd is puzzling to see here.

It was a borderline hit.  Borderline dirty. A different kind of hit, but much like Upchuck's hits, it was just below the bar set by the DOPS.  Get over it. Things seem to even out.

Sometimes those situations happen to the Canucks where we think there should be a suspension, and none comes. Save your outrage for those times.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/canucks-lose-hansen-for-4-6-weeks-after-knee-on-knee-hit-from-jets-perreault1

Canucks lose Hansen for 4-6 weeks after knee-on-knee hit from Jets’ Perreault

What will anger Canucks fans more than Hansen being sidelined, though, is that some felt the hit from Perreault was a combination of late and dirty that could have been worthy of a suspension. In fact, following the Dec. 22 game, Canucks captain Henrik Sedin said the hit was something the league should be taking a look at.

“It took at least a couple of seconds before Perreault came. That’s a dirty hit, for sure,” Sedin said, according to The Province’s Jason Botchford. “That’s something we can’t have in this league. We’ll see what the league does. You never know.”

Sedin later continued by saying the hit “had to be more than a second late

Mike HalfordVerified account @HalfordTSN

No hearing for Perreault after going knee-on-knee with Hansen in the WPG-VAN game last night, per NHL spokesman.

9:52 AM - 23 Dec 2016
Edited by kilgore

17 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There's kind of frustrated and there's threatening to hit a guy across the head with your stick. I'd say he's a bit more than "kind of frustrated". Good on Jake for being lowkey about it though, but Perreault needs to shut the hell up. As people have mentioned the clown hit Hansen knee on knee, if anything the little croissant needs to catch a good ol suplex from Matheson, that'll straighten him out.

• Cheers 1

Another option beside being a crybaby as some say, it is a medical issue with him?

He should get checked for concussion symptoms

He sounds like a guy suffering from one (and after you have had multiple, you don't even need a hit to cause one, even a quick unexpected head movement, will do it) I am one who knows 1st hand

He has all the symptoms,

easily upset

irritability

frustration

focus, not thinking clearly

Normally someone would not say this days later, knowing what the consequences are

McSorley never played again after the Brasheer incident, and I am sure if he follows through with his comments, Perrault won't either

14 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

This is uttering threats of a deadly weapon to cause personal harm.

That's a crime and he said it in the press, there's video proof and he should be charged with a crime.

If you were to say that to a coworker, guess what happens? Fuzz shows up. You get arrested and charged, loose your job, suffer financially, likely goto jail etc.

If anyone, especially myself said something even remotely similar to what perrault said TempletonPeck will come down and ban you and leave a mark on your record.

How is that moral or even legal?  It's not.

Dude, the hell are you trippin" on?

Jake is a fair sized player, perrrault not so much.

If Jake's intent was to elbow him the result would me much, much worse.

See Duncan Keith's elbow on Danny Sedin.

An intentional elbow to the chin like that and perrault would have been knocked out.

Add in that mini tanev lookalike skated in to jake and jake was turning away slightly theres no ground to stand on, maybe get a stool?

That's not a dirty play, aren't you one of the voices advocating the Canucks acquire perrault?

Dont hide fan boyism with intent to injury, it was not.

Show me one player in the league not on the jets or canucks that came out and said thats a dirty hit. Or an elbow. Or a penalty or a fine or a suspension.

If that's the case you need to write the DOPs demanding nichuskin be suspended from that elbow he gave to jake a few years ago.

NICHUSKIN clearly elbowed virtanen, maybe unintentionally but are you crucifying nichuskin for a similar play?

I"d like to pull your stats card of on ice hockey experience.

Jake did it on purpose. So I call it a dirty play. Since Roussel came back with his aggressivity Jake has changed his game a bit and is more dirty. 

Do you really want Petey or Hughes treated this way? 

I really hope not any team answer such play with going after Hughes... 

• Wat 3

32 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Jake did it on purpose. So I call it a dirty play. Since Roussel came back with his aggressivity Jake has changed his game a bit and is more dirty. 

Do you really want Petey or Hughes treated this way? 

I really hope not any team answer such play with going after Hughes... 

Holy &^@#. Stick to euro hockey son. It wasn't even a minor penalty. Pettersson throws bigger hits. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

59 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Holy &^@#. Stick to euro hockey son. It wasn't even a minor penalty. Pettersson throws bigger hits. 

So if eurohockey means tough guys not throwing dirty hits I'm with you. 

I'm not talking penalties, I' m talking dirty hits on purpose. 

If only Jake didn,t know what he did with his elbow I wouldn't bother... Now this perrault guy has a case and it can be someone of our players next time.

Jake can keep that skillset til the playoffs. 

Love that when Perreault went low, Jake went high (no that is not in reference to a hit..."words").  I didn't even really see "a hit"...more two guys colliding and Jake doing a bit of a "get off me mosquito" thing.

Don't buy into his crap in a way to validate it, Jake.  Best to let him have his tantrum in a corner on his own.

• Upvote 2