The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mathieu Perreault comments on Virtanen (interviewed in a salt mine)

Rate this topic

-SN-

Lol virtanen definitely chicken winged a little.. the initial point of contact was made with the elbow regardless of where it made contact with perreault.. shoulder head doesnt matter.. virtanen been great this year but I'm not a fan of his lack of toughness. He lays big hit and questionable hit once in a while but runs away everytime when challenged. Hes always the last man in and first man out in scrums around the net.

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 2

Didn't appear like Virtanen elbowed him in the head I don't think? 

Wish we had another angle.

I agree with others here, it just seems like Virtanen's bracing himself.

All in all, I like that Perreault is calling out DOPS.

We need more of that.

They're so bad.

19 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I remember it from the game clearly and the camera angle from center ice was a much better view, it was 100% shoulder. It was clearly a case of MP running into Jake but Jake leaned into him when he saw it coming instead of trying to avoid. Jake could have gotten 2 for interference but Perreault is way off base expecting DOPS to deal with minor collisions like this.

the center ice view: 

• Haha 1

He turned into Jake and wasn't looking where he was going.

Jake was in that spot and did lean into the hit a little but what else would you do. 

He didn't rise up or stick out the elbow.

I think Perreault needs to look where he is going.  He is mad because he skated into a bigger player.

Saying you are going to swing your stick at the next guy is dumb both if you have no intent to do it or if you do.  Every stick infraction from here out will be treated suspiciously for this guy.