The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues at Canucks - Getting Back To Business Edition - Jan.27th, 2020 @ 7pm, Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

When Ferlund returns I’d like to see: 

Miller Petey JV 
Pearson Horvat Boeser  
Roussel Gaudette Ferlund  
Motte Beagle Sutter

jake is playing too good and keeps that first line strong, we have wanted bo ho to have solid winger this will accomplish that. LE has been better but still Horvat still needs someone with more points.  Lastly 3rd line is too far down the lineup for Boeser. 

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think either way, I'd like to see Gaudette on the wing, whether it's with Sutter (who I think has more scoring upside than Beagle, and therefore I'd use Gaudette there) - or with Beagle.

I think with Sutter and Beagle lines you can better enable the top 6 - and have less need for an LE up there.   I'd prefer Virtanen and Boeser in the top 6 - or even Gaudette on Horvat's wing now that they have both Sutter and Beagle back.

LE can still be 'effective' in the bottom six.

I'm not seeing much effectiveness from Gaudette's line - at least not without Virtanen there.  I'm not sure there's enough 'play driving' with Gaudette, Boeser and Roussel.  I also like Roussel better beside Sutter - that line caused teams fits.

Would seem like JV was the motor on that AR AG JV line.

That said, I like the route the Canucks are taking with Gaud right now. When the crunch comes down, and as you know it's coming, Gaud will probably end up playing wing somewhere, just not with Bo. Bo's line carries too heavy a load