The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Ondrej Kase to Bruins for David Backes, Axel Andersson, 2020 1st-round pick

4 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Not really, our 1st would be much higher better than Boston's, Woo is a better prospect than Andersson, and Loui still plays in the NHL. 

I also like Kase alot more than Miles Wood.

doesn't matter its still a first    a second rounder  and a bad contract nhl player   for a player  that has 7 g 16 helpers -7 in 49 games  ewwww  no

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

We hear this time and time again (eg Raymond, etc), seems rare the hands can ever really suddenly match the speed.

This is pretty much it, you can gradually chip away at speed and get better (like Horvat), but  with hands it seems like it’s more Like your naturally gifted. 

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

doesn't matter its still a first    a second rounder  and a bad contract nhl player   for a player  that has 7 g 16 helpers -7 in 49 games  ewwww  no

This is a big difference in value from an mid 1st round pick to a late one, as well as an early 2nd to a late 2nd. The good thing for the Ducks is that it is a deep draft. 

27 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I agree, they shed much needed salary and get a good young winger for probably a very late first. This is probably equivalent to us trading  Lind, Gadj and Loui For Kase, which I would do in a heart beat. 

That is an awful deal for Boston, terrible.

• Wat 1

12 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

In offseason, if we resign Toffoli. Lind + 2nd + Eriksson (2 Million retained) for a good young player, I would jump on. 

To get rid of a player who plays decently well and can move up and down the lineup?  No thanks

• Wat 1

42 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

This would be the cost to get rid of Loui.

Kase is a good player though

structure a deal for us that gets us a player like him

and have us lose loui too

that is actually a pretty nice deal for the bruins

the first rounder could be a 30 or 31st selection ...  almost a 2nd rounder

Edited by coastal.view

That's a high price for Kase but Kase is a good middle 6 winger and this lets them get rid of Backes' salary.

Kase should give them a reasonably able middle 6 right winger who can play with Krejci or Coyle.  He also played on the Anaheim PK.

It's a great trade for the Ducks IMHO.  Backes is only under contract for one more year by which time they should start to be able to see more of their prospects start taking on larger roles or flaming out.  Kase was one of those guys who might be helpful to have around but clearly was worth more high value future assets than keeping around in down years during his prime.

With this kind of pricing it's no wonder Eriksson's still with the Canucks.  Toffoli is the superior player to Kase and technically cost less.  If the Canucks try to include Eriksson in a deal it would probably be too high a risk of harm to the future to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

You want to keep Eriksson as he keeps declining, instead of freeing up cap space to retain valuable assets within the organization?

Rather than giving up a valuable prospect and a high draft pick?  Absolutely.......LE is playing pretty well, is good on the pk and can play up and down the lineup.  It's not like he can't play in the league anymore.

I'd be choked to see a good prospect and high draft used just to move out a contract that doesn't "need" to be moved.

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

This is a big difference in value from an mid 1st round pick to a late one, as well as an early 2nd to a late 2nd. The good thing for the Ducks is that it is a deep draft. 

except you don't know the draft order yet   any team that makes the playoffs  that 1st round pick is the same value  until the playoffs starts  , if bos poops the bed in the first round its a mid round pick then  ( one can hope that bos poops the bed  lol )

Just now, stawns said:

Rather than giving up a valuable prospect and a high draft pick?  Absolutely.......LE is playing pretty well, is good on the pk and can play up and down the lineup.  It's not like he can't play in the league anymore.

I'd be choked to see a good prospect and high draft used just to move out a contract that doesn't "need" to be moved.

The 2021 2nd would be hopefully a high second, and Lind is expendable if we sign Toffoli as we have Boeser, Toffoli, Virtanen, and Podkolzin ahead of him + he is eligable for ED.

Just now, the grinder said:

except you don't know the draft order yet   any team that makes the playoffs  that 1st round pick is the same value  until the playoffs starts  , if bos poops the bed in the first round its a mid round pick then  ( one can hope that bos poops the bed  lol )

Yeah I will be crossing my fingers as much as the next guy, but if they keep adding pieces it doesn't see that likely. (they have alot of playoff experience on that team and could get an easy draw in first round like Toronto)