The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre

He's not my favourite goalie, but a decent target after what's transpired.

As a third-string, that's actually some pretty impressive depth. This guy was basically starting for New Jersey earlier this year...

Loui's always got some pretty sweet goalie pads too!

He's a journeyman that has gear in just about every colour at this point, seems like he's having a lot of fun with it lately.

If this team can get through this next stretch and rally behind Thatcher (but get a small sample of solid games from Domingue when required), it will say a lot about their readiness to compete for real this year. I can see this as a real team-bonding moment.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are doomed.  

this has the chance to turn out well for the Canucks. If Demko can step up, which there's no reason to think he can't, thats a very good thing. We don't know what Marky is going to command, maybe Calgary offers him a 7 year deal and we need to let him walk. But if Demko can step up under real pressure now and  the team can play well in front of him its a big win for us. 

I'm also intrigued by the potential of Ian Clarke working with LD. That could be a nice surprise there too. His career numbers are actually pretty good for a career backup and he did win 21 games in Tampa, and a career 3.05 gaa which for a journeyman backup is pretty solid. Most of his career he's been well under 3. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are doomed.  

No Canucks are not doomed...it’s a team effort. What you will now see now is better more responsible job by the Skater defending in there own end.

this could actually help Canucks so they’re all on the same page ready for the playoffs and once Markys returns they will be an even better team.

Edited by HockeyHarry

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this has the chance to turn out well for the Canucks. If Demko can step up, which there's no reason to think he can't, thats a very good thing. We don't know what Marky is going to command, maybe Calgary offers him a 7 year deal and we need to let him walk. But if Demko can step up under real pressure now and  the team can play well in front of him its a big win for us. 

I'm also intrigued by the potential of Ian Clarke working with LD. That could be a nice surprise there too. His career numbers are actually pretty good for a career backup and he did win 21 games in Tampa, and a career 3.05 gaa which for a journeyman backup is pretty solid. Most of his career he's been well under 3. 

All possible for sure, but Demko is going to have steal wins like Marky was, or we're doomed.  

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

No Canucks are not doomed...it’s a team effort. What you will now see now is better more responsible job by the Skater defending in there own end.

Is Green going to change his systems to help put guys in better position to defend?

Just now, Alflives said:

All possible for sure, but Demko is going to have steal wins like Marky was, or we're doomed.  

Demko has stolen a couple games for us this year. He’s not Marky but he’s no slouch either. And this is really good for him and our group. This will be a team building period for the Canucks. Have faith Alf

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Demko was an elite goalie in college, has an excellent AHL record, and he actually has shown he can take over a game at the NHL level. I see no reason to doubt him. Maybe a few yips to begin with, but he'll settle into this. 

But lets say he $&!#s the bed. Well, thats OK too. We can see this team has turned the corner, and keeping our pick for this years draft isn't the worst thing ever. The window is re-opening for the Canucks regardless of this speed bump. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Green going to change his systems to help put guys in better position to defend?

what I liked a lot in the Boston game was the execution in our end, short quick passes and out. If they just execute with that level of attention they'll do great. 

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would definitely not want Marky in Cowtown 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Dominque on 650 right now, sounds like a good guy. Apparently buddies with Roussel and Miller. Excited about working with our goalie coach. 

Man I’d be excited to work with our goalie coach too. I bet he could turn a 31year old beer league goalie (Me) into a future Dave Ayers 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1