The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I did mine on a harmless bump on front of the net trying to box a guy out.  Totally insignificant play

There you go.  Yours was mild to medium in terms of severity? I never had surgery on mine so now I can only run for 30/40 mins before I start getting sharp pain.  Low impact movements like cycling though is no problem.

4 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

There you go.  Yours was mild to medium in terms of severity? I never had surgery on mine so now I can only run for 30/40 mins before I start getting sharp pain.  Low impact movements like cycling though is no problem.

Medium sprain, no surgery.  I didn't play for 8 weeks, but obviously I have to work, move around etc.  Marky doesn't have anything to do but heal.

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m never saw Markstrom get “run over” against Boston. what are you guys talking about exactly? Someone enlighten me please 

So this guy is pissed that Boston injured Markstrom in the eye yesterday. 

But Markstrom’s eye is fine. It’s his knee that’s injured. Some loose cartilage. Nothing to do with the Boston game.

I’m thinking the Canucks and the Markstrom camp are getting this procedure done now so that Markstrom is fresh for the playoffs instead of wearing him further with the upcoming stretch of games.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Depends on severity.  Just hazarding a guess but it might be mild to medium for Marky.  I knew right away mine was bad because it felt like my knee exploded.  

I knew within about 15 seconds my knee was done.  I couldn't have played on it.

11 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The hell is that?

Why don’t you join the cheering instead of the doom and gloom of the everlasting down.

Jesus.

Get a grip bud. You’re gonna exPLODE.

How many times in the last 5 games was Marky run over?

how many times did we respond? 

exactly 

12 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Side tracking but do you have lateral movement issues in the knee?

i think I have the same injury nagging me.

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

So this guy is pissed that Boston injured Markstrom eye yesterday. 

But Markstrom’s eye is fine. It’s his knee that’s injured. Some loose cartilage. 

I’m thinking the Canucks and the Markstrom camp are getting this procedure done now so that Markstrom is fresh for the playoffs instead of wearing him further with the upcoming stretch of games.

Ok so just more people thinking this is A non contact sport. Lack of push back, he got bumped by so and so? Boston are meanies? That sort of thing?

Good move by them. Gotta be careful with Marky. And a great test for Demko. Big loss but I think we should be ok. We’ve seem Demko steal games, let’s cheer for this guy, I think he’ll rise to the occasion 

• Cheers 1

This injury can be a blessing in the fact that the team will need to play tighter defense in front of Demko. Once markstrom comes back the team will have played a better defensive system over 4 weeks. This is perfect with markstrom healthy and ready to go heading into the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Side tracking but do you have lateral movement issues in the knee?

i think I have the same injury nagging me.

Not sure.  Anything high impact for a period of time usually results in sharp pain.  I can still push off it if I'm boxing but running on a hard surface is tough

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

Medium sprain, no surgery.  I didn't play for 8 weeks, but obviously I have to work, move around etc.  Marky doesn't have anything to do but heal.

Yeah, u can still play though it too in some cases, but lots of pain management might be required.  I was young and dumb so I tried to return wayyy too soon

26 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

How many times in the last 5 games was Marky run over?

how many times did we respond? 

exactly 

I like the pushback these days. It’s good.

10/30/19 Ferland vs Clifford (LAK)

11/14/19 Benn vs Gurianov (DAL)

12/23/19 Roussel vs Nurse (EDM)

02/06/20 Virtanen vs Zucker (MIN)

02/06/20 MacEwen vs Foligno (MIN)

02/08/20 Miller vs M. Tkachuk (CAL)

02/10/20 Myers vs Watson (NSH)

02/12/20 Gaudette vs Murphy (CHI)

02/12/20 Pearson vs Caggiula (CHI)

02/22/20 Horvat vs Coyle (BOS)

02/22/20 Myers vs Chara (BOS) Didn’t count as a fight.

This is a good, feisty team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1