The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I like the pushback these days. It’s good.

10/30/19 Ferland vs Clifford (LAK)

11/14/19 Benn vs Gurianov (DAL)

12/23/19 Roussel vs Nurse (EDM)

02/06/20 Virtanen vs Zucker (MIN)

02/06/20 MacEwen vs Foligno (MIN)

02/08/20 Miller vs M. Tkachuk (CAL)

02/10/20 Myers vs Watson (NSH)

02/12/20 Gaudette vs Murphy (CHI)

02/12/20 Pearson vs Caggiula (CHI)

02/22/20 Horvat vs Coyle (BOS)

02/22/20 Myers vs Chara (BOS) Didn’t count as a fight.

This is a good, feisty team. 

Gotta be up there in the league for teams with different players that have fighting majors. I count 10 different players. I remember someone gave me a confused emoji when I said Miller was more than capable to respond haha

We don’t even know what this group is capable of come playoffs. I can’t wait. I believe Demko will get us there 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

In a perfect world Demko plays really well and becomes our guy and we can let markstrom walk ufa. I believe Demko is our goalie of the future we just need to show him some faith 

Agreed.

He HAS played well. He's been preparing for this all season.

We are all behind you Thatcher!

• Cheers 1

Just now, rekker said:

Loving the positively in this thread all pulling for Demko. Great group of players we are watching and they are easy to root for. 

They are, I agree.  At this point, the season is an unmitigated success regardless of what happens from here on out.  This is the year they became a team.

• Cheers 2

For me, the thing elephant in the room that's getting overlooked is how much confidence Clarkie and JB must have in MikeyD.  This move (and the Bachman move) says the the Comets are his team and his team alone.  His development is going to be the determining factor for where they go with goalies and the ED.

6 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

Can anyone explain why NJ made this deal? 

Likely to give him the opportunity to stick in the NHL.  Most teams don't try and limit a player's career and he's already 27.  He has mostly struggled in the NHL for them so he wasn't really an option to backup Blackwood and they've recently recalled Schneider and demoted him to the AHL.  So whether McIntyre or him in the minors it probably didn't matter too much for them.  They also save a bit of cash although at this point of the season with only a quarter of the season left it seems fairly negligible.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

For me, the thing elephant in the room that's getting overlooked is how much confidence Clarkie and JB must have in MikeyD.  This move (and the Bachman move) says the the Comets are his team and his team alone.  His development is going to be the determining factor for where they go with goalies and the ED.

The kid's a stud, and a big reason I'm fine with losing a goalie in the ED.  Still think Marky would fit our timeline better; by the time he declines, DiPietro should be ready.  Concerns about his size aside, he has obvious talent, and the attitude and work ethic to back it up.  No reason he can't succeed at the next level with proper development. 

We've gone from a goalie graveyard to a goalie factory.

• Cheers 1

I wonder if they can bring back Bachman? They lent him to a team in Europe. They still need a backup in Utica, I know they have Keilly but his numbers are pretty rough in Kalamazoo, one more injury and they have a similar situation to last year too. It just dawned on me that this deal makes sense for both NJ and Vancouver because no one gets waived. MacIntyre goes straight to Binghampton and Domingue to Vancouver without having to clear waivers. Remember what happened last year? Canucks traded for a backup and lost him to waivers. Say what you will about JB but he always learns from his mistakes and is becoming a solid GM.

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Watch Ian Clark turn Domingue into an even better goalie.

Demko will be fine.

The Canucks have to start setting the tone early in the game. Too many times they wake up after the first goal against. That has to stop.

I think the Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli line takes care of that. Keep them away from our net.

I wonder if Ian Clark was the guy that made the suggestion to pick him up?  I'd say the team will play better defensively with these two net, for the next few games at least.  And then maybe Demko can go on a roll.

• Cheers 1