The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre

41 minutes ago, rekker said:

Just got home and I gotta read this. Ffnn Boston. I hate them. I hope all their sports franchises slide into oblivion. I see read when I hear that Baawstan accent, their girls are ugly, I hope they all choke on their chowder. Can't believe they stuck it to us again. Get well Marky. I need my beer before I punch a wall. 

Sorry. What are you talking about @rekker?

Are you mad at Boston for injurying Markström? 

• Haha 1

Just now, rekker said:

It frustrates me. I see Marchand giggling somewhere knowing what happened to Marky.

Would have loved to have Simmonds (if acquired for cheap) to beat the $&!# out of Marchand. 

That would have brought the roof of Rogers Arena down. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Demko will be fine and Domingue will hold the fort during back to back games.

Team will have to tighten up defensive game.

Marky injury could be a blessing in disguise. Team will be playing it's best defensive hockey going into the playoffs.

We can channel our inner Hurricanes protecting against shots on goal on Ayres

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Would have loved to have Simmonds (if acquired for cheap) to beat the $&!# out of Marchand. 

That would have brought the roof of Rogers Arena down. 

Lol. That would be worth the price. As Marchand gets older and slower he will be targeted. Hockey players don't forget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I hate wanting injury on another team, but this is getting  over the top. the refs refuse to do their jobs, they actually laughed when Marky got run and no penalty called. every game a dirty play  is not called. last game 2 high sticks one with blood in the third and nothing. I hope the injury bug comes down hard on Boston and they are out in the first round. maybe someone can run Rask!!!!

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Do we know which specific time Marky was run over lately that caused the damage?

or was an impact of like the 5 times he has been run over? 

way to protect your players Green

constantly allows our stars to be messed with with zero response 

it will be Hughes next 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Wat 5

12 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Something fishy about this league when the Canucks have a list of injuries the length of your arm every year for the last 5 in a row while teams like Washington, TB and Boston barely ever have any. Trump's Murica of winners.

Well, gee, that sounds like a problem that started with Obama, if you really feel that bringing "Orange Man Bad" into the discussion is in the remotest way edifying.

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Lol. That would be worth the price. As Marchand gets older and slower he will be targeted. Hockey players don't forget.

Nope. They don't. And he's been a POS for a long time, so he's going to get what's coming to him. 

• Cheers 2

This is Demko's time to shine but having a back up with experience will take the pressure off rather than having MD called up. 

Totally makes sense , as did the Toffoli Trade so far. 

Really liked the Benning presser today as he talked pretty  openly about the team overall. Noticed he didn't bring up Benn when talking about his top 6 depth on D.

Lets hope the Canucks win the games they're supposed to win starting with Montreal, and make this road trip a success leaving them in the top 3 in the Pacific.

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

This is Demko's time to shine but having a back up with experience will take the pressure off rather than having MD called up. 

Really liked the Benning presser today as he talked pretty  openly about the team overall. Noticed he didn't bring up Benn when talking about his top 6 depth on D.

Lets hope the Canucks win the games they're supposed to win starting with Montreal, and make this road trip a success leaving them in the top 3 in the Pacific.

Was a big fan of the Benn signing but Fanta has impressed. He is no slouch physically and moves the puck better than Benn.

9 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I hate wanting injury on another team, but this is getting  over the top. the refs refuse to do their jobs, they actually laughed when Marky got run and no penalty called. every game a dirty play  is not called. last game 2 high sticks one with blood in the third and nothing. I hope the injury bug comes down hard on Boston and they are out in the first round. maybe someone can run Rask!!!!

The league is so biased towards Boston. It's a joke. 

I hope Boston is out in the first round. Who would they face? 

4 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Benning's presser was really good. I remember when he first came to Vancouver, he was a little awkward in his pressers. He sounded (at least on the radio) a lot more confident in his responses to reporters and their questions. He's growing in this area as being GM. That's what you want to see in an employer right. He's done well at this Trade Deadline. Glad that he didn't make trades that would have crippled this franchise for years to come. 

A good day overall for #CanuckNation 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Was a big fan of the Benn signing but Fanta has impressed. He is no slouch physically and moves the puck better than Benn.

Agreed I hope he's resigned for a couple years.

Benn started out really well but has really had challenges moving the puck and breaking up cycles. It doesn't seem to matter who he's paired with plus was expecting more physicality from him.

I hope Baumer and him figure it out if the 'I' word happens on D

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Benning's presser was really good. I remember when he first came to Vancouver, he was a little awkward in his pressers. He sounded (at least on the radio) a lot more confident in his responses to reporters and their questions. He's growing in this area as being GM. That's what you want to see in an employer right. He's done well at this Trade Deadline. Glad that he didn't make trades that would have crippled this franchise for years to come. 

A good day overall for #CanuckNation 

Didn't give up anything of value for an acceptable backup, and the rumours of him bringing in a defenseman who would have made any goalie's life here a living hell turned out to be false.  Overall, it could be a lot worse.

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Sorry. What are you talking about @rekker?

Are you mad at Boston for injurying Markström? 

I don't know if they did or not but i'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just the game before, a Minnesota player ran Markstrom in overtime and the refs didn't call it. Why is that? You never see them hesitate to put Boston,TB or Washington on the PP.  There was three highsticking non calls against the bruins last game. The Markstrom one, which i don't think was intentional but you are responsible for your stick and you know the goalies standing in the crease so don't swing your stick like a f$43ing idiot towards it, should have been a penalty. Horvat takes a blatant one in front of Bostons net and Patrnac catches Hughes with an obviously intentional stick swing. The League treats the top teams like their Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls. Why the hell do they do this? Hockey fans don't want it to be like the NBA or any of the other crooked american leagues like the NFL and MLBA. If you're a good team then you don't need all that help from the refs and the league. Also doesn't surprise me the NHL is so phoney with their favourites like Boston when the NFL's Patriots are known cheaters. Americans don't just cheat at sports they ALWAYS cheat at sports. From MLBA.NBA, NFL, Boxing, UFC, you name it. Look at the debacle in the olympics when they robbed both the woman's Hockey and soccer games. We've let America take over our national sport and piss all over it while taunting us with a big arrogant smirk on their face. POS's

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

Agreed I hope he's resigned for a couple years.

Benn started out really well but has really had challenges moving the puck and breaking up cycles. It doesn't seem to matter who he's paired with plus was expecting more physicality from him.

I hope Baumer and him figure it out if the 'I' word happens on D

Benn has

2 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

I don't know if they did or not but i'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just the game before, a Minnesota player ran Markstrom in overtime and the refs didn't call it. Why is that? You never see them hesitate to put Boston,TB or Washington on the PP.  There was three highsticking non calls against the bruins last game. The Markstrom one, which i don't think was intentional but you are responsible for your stick and you know the goalies standing in the crease so don't swing your stick like a f$43ing idiot towards it, should have been a penalty. Horvat takes a blatant one in front of Bostons net and Patrnac catches Hughes with an obviously intentional stick swing. The League treats the top teams like their Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls. Why the hell do they do this? Hockey fans don't want it to be like the NBA or any of the other crooked american leagues like the NFL and MLBA. If you're a good team then you don't need all that help from the refs and the league. Also doesn't surprise me the NHL is so phoney with their favourites like Boston when the NFL's Patriots are known cheaters. Americans don't just cheat at sports they ALWAYS cheat at sports. From MLBA.NBA, NFL, Boxing, UFC, you name it. Look at the debacle in the olympics when they robbed both the woman's Hockey and soccer games. We've let America take over our national sport and piss all over it while taunting us with a big arrogant smirk on their face. POS's

Well said. I feel the same way and it turns my stomach at times. 

• Cheers 3