The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I disagree 

Crosby speaks highly of him and do you really care what baby Marner thinks?

players nowadays are coddled babies 

Practically the whole Red Wings alumni called him out and let’s face it you can’t treat players like you use too hence why he doesn’t have a job

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

hockey is a results game 

green has now been coach for three years. No playoffs. Better roster given to him in each year plus maturing younger guys 

it’s not showing in our results or our play 

d, with Hughes and a hot Marky, has not let in fewer goals 

it’s very possible with this incredibly improved roster we don’t make it to the show yet again 

if that happens how can we possibly endorse him And his crew for another Year? 

That will be considered IF it happens. Until then it is unnecessary to whine about it ad nauseam on here. 

The first three years we were still rebuilding. You can't rebuild AND make the playoffs so I'm really not sure why you keep whining about not making the playoffs the first three years. 

This is his first season with a playoff contender and we are still holding a playoff spot... 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Devron44 said:

Practically the whole Red Wings alumni called him out and let’s face it you can’t treat players like you use too hence why he doesn’t have a job

I agree they are coddled but he lays out a solid system 

look what he did for Toronto 

he can work on his “people” skills 

I would like Gallant but not against Babs 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It’s quite obvious who is the on-ice leader of this team. 
Bo must be some kind of special voice off the ice because on it, at least in comparison to Miller, he’s doesn’t show up as well. 

This is not smear on Horvat, but rather a promotion of what Miller brings to the ice. 

I agree and can easily imagine the C on Miller. 
In another year, we’ll say the same about young EP - a Sundin in the making, minus the 50lbs. 

Also might add there's reports Miller is also a leader/role model for guys like Jake and Guad. 

I just want a leader like iggy was in Calgary and Miller and once petey has more time in the league , they both fit that bill. 

Horvat is to nice to be blunt......he also doesn't drag the guys into the battle like Miller has this season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

hockey is a results game 

green has now been coach for three years. No playoffs. Better roster given to him in each year plus maturing younger guys 

it’s not showing in our results or our play 

d, with Hughes and a hot Marky, has not let in fewer goals 

it’s very possible with this incredibly improved roster we don’t make it to the show yet again 

if that happens how can we possibly endorse him And his crew for another Year? 

so rebuilding in the 3 years Green has been here and the team has been surprisingly good over the course of this season. and you are complaining about no play offs for 3 years?

Just now, canuck2288 said:

At that point JB pulls a Gillis and fires Green

kills me we didn’t pull a Vegas and grab DeBoer and they gave up a real coach in Gallant to get DeBoer 

Why hasn’t it happened then. Guess JB is an idiot too. Maybe fire him too, we can all start over.. again and again ::D

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That will be considered IF it happens. Until then it is unnecessary to whine about it ad nauseam on here. 

The first three years we were still rebuilding. You can't rebuild AND make the playoffs so I'm really not sure why you keep whining about not making the playoffs the first three years. 

This is his first season with a playoff contender and we are still holding a playoff spot... 

The adds of Miller and Toffoli were specifically done to get us into the show 

we need to get in and make it expected 

team needs to change its losing culture and it does not help that Green rationalizes and accepts losses time after time. Get mad ffs, call out some guys

stop accepting losses and building a losing culture 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Like 2
  • Wat 2

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Why hasn’t it happened then. Guess JB is an idiot too. Maybe fire him too, we can all start over.. again and again ::D

JB is a rock star 

he and his team have filled the talent pool 

no issues with JB 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You really overrate the already massively overrated Babcock. It's astonishing really. 

Now I’m confused.  First you are confused with my post.  Then you respond to it with (what appears to be) clear understanding.  So are you confused by my opinion (post), or are you using the confused emoji as a minus in order to illicit a negative response?  

• Haha 1

The adds were f Miller and Toffoli were specifically done to get us into the show 

we need to get in and make it expected 

team needs to change its losing culture and it dies not help that Green rationalizes and accepts losses time after time. Get mad ffs, call out some guys

stop accepting losses and building a losing culture 

The fact you think what he says to the media is what he says in the room is hilarious considering how often you rant about being experienced in the game. :lol:

5 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It’s quite obvious who is the on-ice leader of this team. 
Bo must be some kind of special voice off the ice because on it, at least in comparison to Miller, he’s doesn’t show up as well. 

This is not smear on Horvat, but rather a promotion of what Miller brings to the ice. 

I agree and can easily imagine the C on Miller. 
In another year, we’ll say the same about young EP - a Sundin in the making, minus the 50lbs. 

This is why I wanted them to delay putting the "C" on one of our new core. Really we are just continuing on from an unsuccessful era. Miller shows a different way of leading a team on the ice and now we are stuck with what we have no matter what kind of leaders come behind Bo. Toffoli is another I see who also comes with a Cup under his belt. 

But hey, we wanted to have a "Special Day" in our 50 year celebrations, was it worth it?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Now I’m confused.  First you are confused with my post.  Then you respond to it with (what appears to be) clear understanding.  So are you confused by my opinion (post), or are you using the confused emoji as a minus in order to illicit a negative response?  

Confused that you think Babcock is a good coach. If he was he would have repeated against Pittsburgh with that stacked Wings team. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

None of these changes makes any difference if Green stays with the same systems, and passive (chase) philosophy.  As I’ve been posting here for quite a while, our systems do not get the best out of our players. 

• Upvote 3

JB is a rock star 

he and his team has filled the talent pool 

no issues with JB 

You have issues with Green then you have issues with JB. Because currently Green has a job with the Canucks and guess who his boss is.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The fact you think what he says to the media is what he says in the room is hilarious considering how often you rant about being experienced in the game. :lol:

Why are you so personal in your posts?  We all want the same thing, don’t we?  We just have differing ways to get there.  Some of us happen to believe we have very good players, who would be doing better with a stronger coach.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

None of these changes makes any difference if Green stays with the same systems, and passive (chase) philosophy.  As I’ve been posting here for quite a while, our systems do not get the best out of our players. 

the only system that will get the best out of people like Sutter, Stecher, Myers, Fantenberg, etc is Skytrain....