The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

6 hours ago, bree2 said:

not fair to Horvat, I can't believe how you all wanted Horvat as captain, I don't think there was anyone that posts in here wanted different. and now we have a new flavour , you want to rip the C from Horvat? it won't happen!

I never wanted Horvat

I think I am on record as wanting Beagle

I have been on board for 'culture change ' for 8 years 

Bo (C) with Sutter(A) and Edler(A) does not scream culkture change to me

That said I am not for ripping the C from Bo unless we want to trade him as well.

Then he ends up in Boston within 2 years and burries us for the rest of his career

20 minutes ago, lmm said:

Firing AV  did not help at all.

We needed roster changes and firing the coach was "easier"

We continued to need roster changes for 5 years after AV was fired

AV was fired because Gillis painted himself into a corner with bad contracts 

AV was a scapegoat

I think Jim knows this and is trying to be the opposite, hence Willie got to run out his contract and Green will too

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that firing AV 'fixed' anything, was more trying to illustrate that good coaches can and do get fired (and sometimes it does 'fix' things as well, sometimes it does not).

Edited by aGENT
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Yep who needs secondary scoring right? Plus I think I would rather have Jake checking MacKinnon then Little Things Lui. 

Watch which end of the ice Bo's line is in when he has LE on his wing and then when he has Jake on his line. 

See how much pressure LE can sustain in the O'zone. He's not going to do anything but pass it the point if he gets the puck.

I mean I’ve seen both of those scenarios. 

Bo’s line cost us a big goal against Columbus on their second goal. That was the beginning of the end in that game.  

I love Jake’s game but Loui is better defensively and covers for our dmen when they pinch.  

Jake had a great offensive game against Arizona and that line looked good.  

Colorado has the best line maybe in all of the West so what’s your plan to neutralize them?!? 

Also stop taking things so personal when someone suggests that Loui is there for defensive purposes. It’s not like I, Green or anyone else hates Jake or doesn’t think highly of him. I loved it when he was on the 1st line (before we acquired Tofu). 

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Trading chances?

I'm not sure I'd give him 4/1 on the chance ratio in our favour.

By putting Jake on Bo’s line, we are hoping to have a more offensive line and force MacKinnon’s line to defend Bo’s line. The problem is that MacKinnon line is one of the best in all of hockey right now, so that might be a recipe for disaster.  

It may not even matter who we put on him, if he’s having a good game he’ll burn anyone in the league. 

Enjoy the game Chris, I’m looking forward to a win finally. 

@EdgarM, I’m walking down to Parallel 49 to buy some Trash Pandas and I will shotgun one for you when Jake scores.  
If Loui scores I expect the same from you, although I fully expect you to stay sober the entire night. 

;) 

46 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Tell her that due to recent events, the CDC* recommends staying away from public theatres and to stay home

*Just don't tell her which CDC you're referring to ::D

I feel like this needs to be a thread, where “the CDC” gives out recommendations to whoever needs them. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that firing AV 'fixed' anything, was more trying to illustrate that good coaches can and do get fired (and sometimes it does 'fix' things as well, sometimes it not).

and I am not saying it doesn't happen, but when it does it usually just stalls a GM firing 

AV was in contract heck with everybody on a NTC , Green is in a similar spot with Loui, Balls and Rooster

Jim has replaced the NTC with untradable high $ contracts the effect is similar

If Jim did not trade for Miller last summer many would be calling for his head

Just as Gillis should never be aloud near a draft table again, Jim should not be aloud near July 1!

I am digressing into GM rant,

I don't think Green is near as good a coach as AV was or is

THe thing is about people saying a GM does not get to fire 2 coaches, Jim never fired Willie, we could just pretend Willie was finished

4 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

The problem is if they get out played they will lose unless they get lucky and I don't see them getting lucky with Col

They got a point last time out against Colorado and we had no business being in that game. That was the one where a Colorado guy got hit by a puck in the face and the refs would blow the whistle to get him looked at. 

Marky stood on his head, he can do the same tonight.... oh wait :(