The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Lombardy

Rate this topic

Zfetch

49 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I disagree, if the conversion mechanics keep the number of scum what it would be or even less and he literally added nothing else I would say that is pretty vanilla with a twist as it doesn’t change the numbers. It’s probably not the case but I think more likely than a cult but not as likely as it being the least active player gets GKed or meaningless.

But that is all I will say on the subject as it doesn’t change anything in reality for the town because we are looking for scum now and will be later as well no matter the setup.

MR is scum.

In the past, Zfetch has often given a single player some sort of 3P/anti TP role and have it relate to the poems or descriptions of his games. (Milk and his Mafioso judge role, Virt and Dreaming God come to mind). Not all games and descriptions are the same, but I speculate that the descriptions Zfetch give us could relate to a specific player already, not something that is going to happen in the future and hasn't already been determined.

You are right in your objective though. If I had to guess, the baseline setup we are looking at is a predominant vanilla town with maybe 1 or 2 special roles and some mafia goons. I would say there is at least a 50% chance of some 3P role or mechanic that acts separate from town or mafia action but that could be cleared up in further poems or actions.

10 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Sharpshooter's faux brazen persona is clearly becauase he's mafia, by the way. If he had dropped it by now I might've looked past it, but he's sticking with it because he wants to appear confident and above it all.

Is this based off his meta from games you guys played 80 years ago?

Hey guys, here's how we play a game of mafia where the setup is closed and we don't know what might happen:

We try to find the town, we try to find the scum, we wait and see what the end of day brings and we adjust after that once we have role-based info.

Stop discussing poetry and come play Mafia: the Game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Hey guys, here's how we play a game of mafia where the setup is closed and we don't know what might happen:

We try to find the town, we try to find the scum, we wait and see what the end of day brings and we adjust after that once we have role-based info.

Stop discussing poetry and come play Mafia: the Game.

We can discuss whatever we want that's game-related.

Stop discussing what people should discuss and come play Mafia: the Game. 

15 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

It wasn't a joke vote. It's for real.

Really.

Why? And why haven't you specifically questioned anything I've done or said? I know that's what you like to do early on as a villager.

5 minutes ago, Ceres said:

We can discuss whatever we want that's game-related.

Stop discussing what people should discuss and come play Mafia: the Game. 

Don't throw my words in my face, I will **** you up you piece of---

Sorry, I'm tangling with Epi right now on Cindy Kate and it's spilling over. :lol:

Seriously though, leave the game mechanics. It will not help us now. It's just self-aggrandizing.

• Haha 1
Just now, Master Radishes said:

Don't throw my words in my face, I will **** you up you piece of---

Sorry, I'm tangling with Epi right now on Cindy Kate and it's spilling over. :lol:

Seriously though, leave the game mechanics. It will not help us now. It's just self-aggrandizing.

Lmao. 

I don't think having some game-mechanic discussion is inherently bad. Just as long as we don't over-indulge and put too much stock into our assumptions. Look at last game: the mechanic discussion didn't necessarily go anywhere but it sure caused wolves like BJ to reveal that they knew more than the rest of us. 

Just now, Ceres said:

Lmao. 

I don't think having some game-mechanic discussion is inherently bad. Just as long as we don't over-indulge and put too much stock into our assumptions. Look at last game: the mechanic discussion didn't necessarily go anywhere but it sure caused wolves like BJ to reveal that they knew more than the rest of us. 

It's all speculation. What isn't is your suspicious start to the game. If there is a mechanic or roles that triggers when someone shows the most forced edginess in R1, you are definitely leading that race. So if anything, you know more about the game than I do!

1 hour ago, Ceres said:

It kinda just looked like AV didn't like BJ and Kurisu getting those quick village reads, and he wanted to squash that before they became consensus villagers. 

16 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Lmao. 

Ceres didn't like AV squashing village reads, he wanted to do it himself. It doesn't make sense that he keeps shading me for some reason but then also going after AV.

• Wat 1
2 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Ceres didn't like AV squashing village reads, he wanted to do it himself. It doesn't make sense that he keeps shading me for some reason but then also going after AV.

Are you even reading the thread? I've already stated that I think you and Kurisu are villagers. Like I gave you both town reads almost immediately.

The frustration is because I'm honestly getting annoyed with the base accusations game in and game out. It's one of the reasons I don't really enjoy playing here as much.  It's like half of you have an a priori read (or desire) that I'm mafia and are just looking for things to confirm it. I'm looking at you, BJ, with that one. You keep saying I'm suspicious but you haven't actually said anything sensible. 

For another example, I can promise you beyond any doubt that otherwise will come in here and immediately vote me again. EVERY. GAME.